where to get gaming figs

Hello all,

I'd like to get some input from the macross community. Years back I got into painting gaming figures from warhammer and the like. I don't like gaming with them. Just painting. Anyhow, i've long since run out of the figures a college friend gave me, and I'm trying to find an online shop that carries figures at decent prices. I'm especially looking for a place that sells figures from a steam-age fantasy called "war machine." Preferably some shop in the US. Bonus points if they ship from somewhere along the east coast.

There seems to be a wealth of online gaming shops, many from the UK, and sorting through it all and trying to find good deals is daunting. Does anyone here have a favorite store they buy from? Maybe know of a reasonable gaming forum that could point me in a good direction?

Anyhow, thanks much for any help.

Try This

FRP Website

It has a lot of gaming needs, but dont know if this is what you are looking for.

Also, try Games Workshop, dont know if they are still in business, but they did the Warhammer 40K stuff and even some 5mm scale stuff.

Twich

I site i use is www.dungeontrader.com. Reaper minis has a great stock of differant figures to paint and are good priced. There website is www.reapermini.com. Forgeworld is another company that make resin minis for warhammer products that the games workshop would not release. They are coming out with new battlesuits for the Tau and Droptroops for the guard.

Games workshop is still here in the UK. But be aware when you buy something from the UK that the exchange rate for money here is$ 1.95 per 1 English pound so something that may cost 50 pounds in english money just ran you 100 dollars. Your best bet is Ebay there are thousands of gaming figs and complete armies being sold on there. Quite cheaply too sometimes.

Kudos on trying out War Machine, I love that game. The pace is much faster,and stat cards make life easy :)

You local hobby store should carry them, but if not I order through Gamers Attic

My local gaming store recently deep sixed, and I've been in a funk ever since.

I know! I know! I get most of my stuff from my local gaming store... a few things off of Ebay... and lots of stuff from fellow gamers off of community sites like this one for the game of choice. Where do you live? There are bound to be a few hobby shops around you somewhere...

GW is still around, and cranking out lots of minis, however their prices are getting outrageous... you can buy from them online as well. I play 40K. check out www.dakkadakka.com s forums if you want to buy something special or hard to find...

I dont know much about Warmachine, but the figs look nice and both of my game stores have a crapload of figs on sale...

I also do Battletech. Check out www.lordsofthebattlefield.com forum if you are looking for something special or hard to find, or if you want to just learn about the game...

And I wholly agree with you that it's more fun to paint the figs than play the games... I don't think I've ever had time to finish a single miniatures game.

Thanks much guys. I'm keeping an eye on ebay now. Something that somehow I hadn't thought to do for small figs before. Does seem to be a bit of a mixed bag though. I'm sure i could find some great deals on stuff I want over a long period of time though. In the meantime, some of those sites look good. Dungeontrader especially seems to have a lot of stuff i'd be interested in; likely i'll place an order at one of those sites soon.

The Cygnar trenchers are the Warmachine troops I'm looking forward to the most. Their proportion, detail and styling remind me of something from Miyazaki, Maybe Nausicaa, and look just like the soldiers from a novel I'll be writing a few years from now besides.

thanks again.