Problem w/ my new 1/60 Yamato VT-1

KiriK

So i went to Frank and Sons today and hit up the TISINC booth right before they packed up for the day and i found what i was looking for, a Yammie 1/60 VT-1 Super Ostrich. It was brand new sealed and i ended up just picking it up for $80 since i didn't want to bother ebaying and it was sort of an impulse buy since i'm a poor college student.

I was still struggling w/ my decision to purchase it the rest of the day since i wasn't sure if it was the right time or right price for me to buy. So i just got home awhile ago and finally got a chance to sit down and open it, when i find out something terribly wrong!

I HAVE TWO RIGHT BOOSTERS!!!!

Freakin ay!! I opened up a factory sealed box and after tryin to set up the armor, i find out that the left booster has the right booster attachment part. Not only that, there are scuff and stratch marks on that part. I can tell the top removable part on the left booster is normal since the right one has an attachment for the antennae, but its the bottom part that's all wrong.

Did i get screwed??? Is there something i can do?? I took some pics of it to show you guys and get some advice.... have there ever been any problems like this???

Here's a picture of the box

IMG_0343.jpg

Now here's a picture of the side of the box i opened. It was sealed when i got it today. Notice the factory tape.

IMG_0344.jpg

Here's the other sealed side of the box

IMG_0355.jpg

Here are pictures of the boosters that i carefully took out of the box for pics. Here are boosters facing the same way w/ the same attachment points for the right booster. BOO!!

IMG_0346.jpg

Here's the other side of the boosters

IMG_0348.jpg

Here's a bird's eye view of the boosters. The removable top parts are correct as you notice the antenna attachment point on the booster on the left.

IMG_0349.jpg

Here's a bottom view. Notice how they face the same way.

IMG_0350.jpg

Here's a close up of the left booster w/ the right attachment point. Sorry that the pic is fuzzy but if you look closely, you can see the scuff and scratch marks on the booster near the top of it.

IMG_0352.jpg

There's my evidence. Has Yamato ever had a problem packaging the wrong pieces for VT-1's?? I tried using the search function to look for stuff but i couldn't find anything.

If anyone has any advice of what i shoud do i'd appreciate it.... I really don't have a lot of time since school is starting to head back to Frank and Sons to talk w/ the dealer, although i don't think there is much he could do. I could try emailing him from one of his Ebay auctions but i dunno if that'll do me any good. I hope there's something i can do so i don't lose out $80 on a faulty valk.

Bee

Edited by kiririth

i would have to say bring it back and let them know you want to exchange it, i am sorry that is the only thing i can think of :(

I don't know what happened, but you really should go back and talk to him. Maybe even visit their store.

Mine came with all the corrct parts. This is the first I've ever heard of having the same side boosters. Then again a few people had the same side arms on their 1/48 valks :o . Damn Yamato <_< .

i kept it, i found someone on this site that had the proper arm that i needed and i bought that off of them. so now my valk looks alot better :)

UPDATE: So the Tisinc guy never emailed me back so i went to his website and called him just a few minutes ago.

He said he can't do anything about it and to call Yamato to ask for a replacement part. Then he hangs up on me while i'm about to ask another question. WHAT A JERK!!!! Talk about poor customer service!!!

So then i try to look for a yamato website that has a contact email address for phone number but i can't find anything except the Japanese website w/ a Japanese phone number.

Then i call Tisinc back and ask if i could just return it for another one and have him do the exchange but he claims he has no more in stock. BUT!!! he has 4 available for sale on Ebay rite now. WTF is that??? HORRIBLE DEALER!!

So now i'm stuck looking for someone to contact to exchange my Ostrich and i have no where to look. Can anyone help me out? Anyone ever contact yamato for exchanges and stuff??

Bee

Did you asked him about those on ebay? If he still refuses with some reason or other, you still have the right to exhange it for your cash back or another item he has.

Otherwise sue him in court. :angry:

yea i heard he can be like that, i have not delt with them anymore, i mainly get my stuff from either Image Anime (for gundam stuff) or just look around on this site or others for macross stuff.

chris

Just sell it on ebay as a super rare limted edition yamato with incorrect pieces.

"Rare limited edition double right booster valk"

See if any of the people who buy robotech masterpieces for high prices will buy it. :D

I'm never going to buy off TSINC. They sound pretty dodgy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker