Considering the Yamato 1/48

chgilpin

Hey guys, I am new here. I am seriously considering getting the VF-1S from Valkyrie Exchange. I was wondering first, it is listed at $159 USD. Is that a good price?

Also right now I have the Toynami version (yes I know the feelings on it) :lol: Is it really that much better? I just find it kind of hard to spend that much money on a "toy" Also is the 3rd series the last series that yamato is going to produce, or would it be better just to wait a little while and see if the prices drop?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Please use the search function.

Consensus is the 1/48 is vastly superior to the 1/55s. You will not be let down. It's unknown as to whether we will see more 1/48s any time soon (if the GBP makes it out I'm guessing we'll at least see more VF-1Js). I believe the guy who runs the Valk Exchange is a member and has provided excellent service to many (including myself before I was even a member here).

Hey, CHRIS, it is worth it! Believe me 'coz I've got 4 of those (and that's nothing compared to the inventory of some MWers ;):D !). The 1/48's are a step above the MPC's. Oh, and about the VALK-EXCHANGE.com price, it is a good one. You can never really go wrong with KEVIN, he is a great guy and a fellow collector AND member here at MW.con. Hopefully, you would wanna go with the 1/48's, 'coz right now they're getting really hard to find (for a good price!) and get a hold off :) .

Hey, CHRIS, it is worth it! Believe me 'coz I've got 4 of those (and that's nothing compared to the inventory of some MWers ;):D !). The 1/48's are a step above the MPC's. Oh, and about the VALK-EXCHANGE.com price, it is a good one. You can never really go wrong with KEVIN, he is a great guy and a fellow collector AND member here at MW.con. Hopefully, you would wanna go with the 1/48's, 'coz right now they're getting really hard to find (for a good price!) and get a hold off :) .

So you didn't have any regrets getting the 1/48? Guess it is time for another toy B))

chgilpin Posted on Mar 31 2005, 01:24 PM

So you didn't have any regrets getting the 1/48? Guess it is time for another toy

Nope. The 1/48's are capable of perfect transformation and they look sweet in any mode. Sure, their chest pieces are a little wider than some expected,and those arms look a little too skinny, but man, I'll take a 1/48 anyday over a Toynami MPC. Don't get me wrong, the MPC's are okay, considering their current market prices, but they're not even in the same league as the 1/48's when it comes to their aesthetic value and playability :) .

Looks best in fighter or gerwalk modes. 1/60's got it beat for battroid proportions, especially for the arms and chest.

Agree here. I think the 1/48 still wins a close match here simply because it's more stable and more poseable, but as far as proportions you are dead on.

Of course, either the 1/60 or 1/48 are vastly ahead of pretty much anything else for overall proportions in all three modes.

Re: price. They're getting harder to come by so that price doesn't seem to be too bad. I only have one of them, and I'd love to get another but I don't think I can justify it... oh well. I'll also echo the sentiments that the Valkyrie Exchange is a great place to do business with.