Macross DYRL Scene Info.

baronv

Can anyone out there show me a screen cap or let me know which scene this cel image is from? I watched DYRL and can't seem to find it.

This cel shows a VF-1S with a Strike pack blowing away something . I want to recreate the background to place the cel on. Thanks fellow MW'rs!

macrosscel2to.jpg

Here it is.

It's in the first combat scene (chapter 5)

On the Region 2 DVD it's at 8:36-ish

Shave about 30 seconds off of that for the fx bootleg.

Finally, here's a screencap

capture-roy.jpg

Neat-O!

Thanks-a-lot

Actually, judging by the cel-painting, it appears to be from the promo/trailer footage.

Uh. . . what? :huh:

Would the trailer/promo not just be snippets from the movie?

Also, consider that my screen capture may just be a frame off.

H

Edited by Hurin

Well I was planning on possibly doing screen captures of the scene and blowing it up to the same size as the cel and Photoshopping around the cel to make it complete. I got the idea from a member on the cel site, rubberslug.com. Here's the guy's comments on how he did it.

http://tetsuo.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_i...sp?ItemID=95107

"The background I created by taking screenshots from the DVD and removing Mei and Satsuki from it by cutting and pasting parts from other screenshots from the same scene. In the end there were a couple of very small areas's of the background that were still covered by the girls but I drew those in myself."

Though since the Macross background is pretty generic of just a space & stars background, I'm thinking of doing a little work and incorporating some valks and enemy mecha into it to make it a bit more exciting.

Is it just me, or do the foot thruster flare seem to be offset incorrectly...

I don't think those are supposed to be coming out of the bottom of the foot. I think they are vernier thrusters in the sides of the legs and FAST Packs.

H