Has anyone ever seen YF-19 Knockoffs?

protostar8

I know I have seen and purposely bought other cheap knockoff valks, but I have never seen a YF-19 (or Macross Plus) knockoff. Anyone know if they exist? How much? I have been wanting one of the white YF-19's that Yamato made ever since I got the VF-19a (I just like the white and black color better) and don't want to pay a fortune for a YF-19.

I know I have seen and purposely bought other cheap knockoff valks, but I have never seen a YF-19 (or Macross Plus) knockoff. Anyone know if they exist? How much? I have been wanting one of the white YF-19's that Yamato made ever since I got the VF-19a (I just like the white and black color better) and don't want to pay a fortune for a YF-19.

does not exist. only bandais where ko'd

Unfortunately, at the moment... not that we know of. There still some of us who still hope for Yamato to follow through with the YF-19FP. But from the looks of it, its nowhere to be seen. I'm kind of glad that I'm a model person too. News for Macross toys has been so depressing lately. :(

Edited by AlphaHX

Yamato have left Macross fans to die :(

Most projects have either been pushed back indefinitely or cancelled for good ;) What we can now more or less only hope for is that they will release the 1/48 GBP-1 armour, other than that do not put all your eggs into one basket!

SolScud007 (a member here at MW) has done a really good repaint of the Bandai Fire Valk. It doesn't look exactly like the Mac Plus YF-19, but it *is* in black and white colors (relatively speaking). You can check out the pics in the "Customs" section of MW, or look for the thread on it (hanging around somewhere here on the forums).

I do know that he's open to selling it, if you're interested.

Why do companies turn their backs on fans when they see they can make even more money by just tweaking a current design and adding a few accessories? :huh:

I mean if people are getting 200+ US dollars the Macross Plus YF-19's, then you would think Yamato would want to start making more so they can get some of that money. But, I guess some companies just don't see things my way. :D

Also,

Have the bandai fire valks been made into knockoffs?

Edited by protostar8

Weel I would assume we all know the 1/55 Jetfire boot that goes around on ebay.... with and without the jet boosters.... it's a pretty nice piece for customs....

And there are Fire Valk boots.... gotta get me some at some poiint for customs as well....