Swapping valk heads question

CdnShockwave

I've got a deal in the works for swapping my Bandai VF-1A head for a Jetfire head, but I received a PM saying that the neck pieces are a little different. Does anyone have any experience with this? I just want to make sure I get all the right pieces for the swap. Any advice would be much appriciated.

just repyed to the pm. Hopefully chowser sees this post and can clue you in to anything I forgot. Basically... remove the neck piece from the nose cone assembly and leave it attached to the head. Trade heads still attached to neck plates. Reattach neckl plates... your good to go.

Basically... where the neck plate attaches to the nose cone... a post on either side of the neck plate fits into recessess between the upper and lower halves of the nose cone. This is standardized for all 1/55 [probably not mpc's, though I have never checked] The head itself is attached to the neck plate with a spring&screw combo. There is a diameter issue of the neck plate mounting point and the head mounting recepticle if you vary a 1s head with anything else. I've only dealt with the 1a,1j,and 1s with head swaps so if your doing a seeker or o' I'm not sure.

IF I dig up any pics I'll post them. ;)

edit in...

I checked my pm, both sent and saved, and couldn't dig up the detailed instructions I did for chowser. I did dig up his reply ...

"ok, got the neck piece switched, now i gotta wait for the paint to finish drying before I attach the head.

I'll try to get the 1A head out to you sometime this week."

So I guess it is definately a 1a-1s problem. PM chowser and see if by chance he saved my instructions as my memory is shot :rolleyes:

Edited by kanata67

hey, what was the date of that message i sent you where i switched the neck pieces?

that will make it easier for me to dig through saved pms.

hopefully that was during the time after i started archiving pms instead of just deleting them.

you definately will have to switch the neck piece, which requires removing extra screws and slightly opening up the chest piece.

it's a pain, but do it carefully and have alot of patience.

once i get the date, i'll start searching through my archived pms for the directions.

right now, i need to get some sleep. never should've switched to afternoon shift, goes by fast, but, you end up dealing with alot more bs.

post-4-1111384988_thumb.jpg