Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman

areaseven

From Anime News Network:

ADV Films Announces Gatchaman (2005-02-26 14:58:11)

ADV Films has announced that it will release the first two volumes of Gatchaman on June 14th. They will also release a collectors box holding both volumes and a bonus DVD. Each DVD is 250 minutes long and will retail for $14.98 ($44.98 for the box). Gatchaman is the original series that was adapted into Battle of the Planets and G-Force for TV broadcast in North America.

Is Gatchaman very different from Battle of the Planets? I tried to watch BOTP a few days ago for the first time in 20 years and it was so awful I couldn't finish the first episode. The animation looked pretty good but the story and dialogue suked donkey balls.

Is Gatchaman very different from Battle of the Planets? I tried to watch BOTP a few days ago for the first time in 20 years and it was so awful I couldn't finish the first episode. The animation looked pretty good but the story and dialogue suked donkey balls.

You'd be surprised how different. Firts off there is no 7-Zark-7 or Rover-1. Next there is far much more violence and mature themes (nudity, graphic violence, gratuitous swearing). Much of the best stories were left out completely from BOTP and the language complete cut out (Joe aka G-2 had a very favorite 4 letter word he said at least twice per episode). Some of it doe seem corny this day and age.

Its alledged that one of the reasons Key-Op in BoTP communicated in whistles is because the original Japanese character was so potty-mouthed they couldn't dub it properly! :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this - BoTP was a big part of my early growing up. I'm curious as to whether it will see a UK release, though - the Battle of the Planets version is already on sale in the UK...

It's allegedly known that one of the reasons why Key-Op in BoTP communicated in whistles was because the original Japanese character was so potty-mouthed they couldn't dub him properly! :lol:

Yup, that's most likely why. Of course, as Peewee in G-Force, he could talk; he just wasn't funny, though.

I..... love..... Gatchaman! :lol: Does Urban Vision still have the rights to Gatchaman '94? Also, the ending title song "Let's Fly," is that available on a soundtrack or on a MP3? :huh:

Urban Vision and Harmony Gold still have the rights to Gatchaman '94. Here's the original DVD review. As for the ending theme, it's available in the OST, which is widely available on eBay.

I have a special madness in my heart for gatchaman. I bought both versions of the Unifive diecast God Phoenix toy.