Looks like Sony is in development hell

EXO

I really don't care if Sony has to pay them all kinds of money, what I do care about is being able to get ahold of their products, that's what pissing me off. I don't want to have to import another controler if one of mine breaks. Why the hell should their little eight year delayed hissy fit affect me and other consumers?

You really think that you won't be able to buy a controller for your PS2?

Read your statement a few times so the ridiculousness can set in.

Good, now, considering that the PS2 is the biggest video game console in the world and Sony likes to make money (obviously, since they like screwing over companies with patents to they can make MORE money), there's no way in hell Sony would allow PS2 controllers to disapear off the shelves.

Whether or not they have the vibration feature, or some new feature, I have no idea. But really, you're worrying about nothing.

You really think that you won't be able to buy a controller for your PS2?

Read your statement a few times so the ridiculousness can set in.

Good, now, considering that the PS2 is the biggest video game console in the world and Sony likes to make money (obviously, since they like screwing over companies with patents to they can make MORE money), there's no way in hell Sony would allow PS2 controllers to disapear off the shelves.

Whether or not they have the vibration feature, or some new feature, I have no idea. But really, you're worrying about nothing.

Do I really think I won't be albe to buy another PS2 controler? Of course not. Would I be able to buy another dual shock 2? Well that remains to be seen.

It's not just controlers, and what's happening now, but how can this affect what will happen a little later down the road. On the list of stuff Sony can't sell, are also "over 40" games, of unknown titles. This whole mess could affect which of those games could be sold here. That is what I'm most angry about.

If you want to read something ridiculous go read those posts earlier in this thread about who has the best controler and why everyone else's sucks. Can't believe I let my self get sucked into something as trivial as a controler fight...

Edited by Druna Skass

Time to calm down boys and girls. :D

Few things to keep in mind:

1. Sony was found to infringe.

2. Damages were about 90 mill.

3. The court granted an injunction to prevent Sony from selling the controllers and games listed.

4. The court immediately put a stay on that order until after an appeal is complete. This means that Sony can keep on doing what it's doing.

5. If Sony loses on appeal, it will just set up a licensing agreement. Sony has already said so in a CNN article on this subject.

Immersion is not interested in stopping the PS2. That would only hurt it with sales as strong as they are. Immersion just wants to get paid for the use of its inventions. The injunction is just a nice big hammer to make Sony pay up.

Any questions?

Time to calm down boys and girls. :D

3. The court granted an injunction to prevent Sony from selling the controllers and games listed.

4. The court immediately put a stay on that order until after an appeal is complete. This means that Sony can keep on doing what it's doing.

5. If Sony loses on appeal, it will just set up a licensing agreement. Sony has already said so in a CNN article on this subject.

Immersion is not interested in stopping the PS2. That would only hurt it with sales as strong as they are. Immersion just wants to get paid for the use of its inventions. The injunction is just a nice big hammer to make Sony pay up.

Any questions?

I have a question...

Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp?

Time to calm down boys and girls.   :D

4. The court immediately put a stay on that order until after an appeal is complete.  This means that Sony can keep on doing what it's doing.

5. If Sony loses on appeal, it will just set up a licensing agreement.  Sony has already said so in a CNN article on this subject.

Immersion is not interested in stopping the PS2.  That would only hurt it with sales as strong as they are.  Immersion just wants to get paid for the use of its inventions.  The injunction is just a nice big hammer to make Sony pay up.

Any questions?

I have a question...

Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp?

It's not that I can't grasp it, it's just that I don't care as long as I can get products I want. Immersion got jacked, so what? Sony has to pay money, so what? It Sony can't sell their products then that affects me.

I don't give a flying f*ck about Immerision or their patent nor do I care that Sony has to pay them all kinds of money, all I care about is being able to get a hold of a product (unaltered) now and for the forseeable future.

If I'm sounding selfish, I am no more selfish then the companies who want my money.

Edited by Druna Skass

all I care about is being able to get a hold of a product (unaltered) now and for the forseeable future.

The main point of my post was to say, yes, you will get a hold of a product now and for the foreseeable future.

And well, I want one of those new Ford Shelby Mustangs. Doesn't mean I can get one legally right now (i.e., other than stealing it). To quote them Stones, "You can't always get what you want". Life's tough.

According to the jury, Sony broke the law. It's paying for it. You might want. At this point, you can still get. And for the foreseeable future, you will be able to get. Doesn't mean you always get to get.

all I care about is being able to get a hold of a product (unaltered) now and for the forseeable future.

The main point of my post was to say, yes, you will get a hold of a product now and for the foreseeable future.

And well, I want one of those new Ford Shelby Mustangs. Doesn't mean I can get one legally right now (i.e., other than stealing it). To quote them Stones, "You can't always get what you want". Life's tough.

According to the jury, Sony broke the law. It's paying for it. You might want. At this point, you can still get. And for the foreseeable future, you will be able to get. Doesn't mean you always get to get.

got it?

;):lol: