How many VF-1S were there?

jenius

Okay, I have to know, how many different versions of the VF-1S did Takatoku make? I always thought there were only TWO.

1) Super VF-1S White with beige canopy

2) Gray TV version VF-1S (came with GBP or stand alone). This version also came with a black canopy that looks a bit odd in fighter mode...

Now I see a third one that is gray with a beige canopy and a separate heat shield that can be clipped in (I imagine this heat shield was also in the VF-1S package). Can anyone confirm this third VF-1S (gray with beige cockpit) and let me know if there are more variations?

Takatoku: VF1J Hikaru, VF1S, VF1A Cannon Fodder, VF1J Millia, VF1J Max, VF1S Super giftset, VF1S GBP giftset, GBP armor

from this curent thread...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=13437

does that help any?

you can also check http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnum1inmemQQhtZ-1 for nemisis's current auctions with 2 varients I believe. The boxes are different at the least. I know I'd buy em if I had the loot at the moment. If they don't sell this time I'll figure out how to get the loot even if I have to sell blood.

Oh no, I'm aware of all the other Taka VFs, I'm talking about JUST the VF-1S. There are at least two different VF-1S and I have now seen a third. Again, there's the White VF-1S with beige cockpit, gray VF-1S with black cockpit, but is there also a legitimate gray VF-1S with beige cockpit or any other VF-1Ss? (we're talking all 1/55 scale here). If anyone does know of all the details behind the different VF-1S (like what packages they were available in or what year changes were made) I would love to hear about it.

Takatoku only released two tipes of 1/55 VF 1S, The Grey one that comes without armor and a white plastic version that comes with the Fast Pack Set.

They also released the GBP 1S gift set including the VF 1S, but this one was same ol grey version.

So, in my knowledge there are only two.

Later Bandai released the new head vertion Supper VF 1S in 1990, but the is another company.

The MW main site has pics of them all:  http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/takatoku.htm

Are you sure that third one you speak of isn't the Bandai reissue?

YEs I am sure.

Takatoku only released two vertions of the VF 1S, the White that comes with the super Pack and the Grey that comes without nothing but a gun and missiles.

The GBP 1S armor gift set only included the same 1S sold before without FP.

So Takatoku only made two vertions, white and grey.

LAter Bandai took over the license and the Taka molds, this because our good ol Takatoku went under due to the Lack of MW and their avid collectors,

BAndai then released the DYRL Valks (VF 1s Strike, VF 1A, Elint, Ostrich)

And that is the fast story, Taka was Macross, Bandai DYRL.

Later BAnadi released their TV VF 1S Focker in the 1990s featuring a crappy ABS plastic, new head and landing gears sculps with the Super Armor.

That is as far as I know for VF 1S in 1/55.

EDIT>> Well, there are also the Taiwanese VF 1S from the 1990s, the Bandai Reissue, the Chinese Boots... but those are newer stuff.

Taka... only two.

Edited by Sebastian

Okay, I have to know, how many different versions of the VF-1S did Takatoku make? I always thought there were only TWO.

1) Super VF-1S White with beige canopy

2) Gray TV version VF-1S (came with GBP or stand alone). This version also came with a black canopy that looks a bit odd in fighter mode...

Now I see a third one that is gray with a beige canopy and a separate heat shield that can be clipped in (I imagine this heat shield was also in the VF-1S package). Can anyone confirm this third VF-1S (gray with beige cockpit) and let me know if there are more variations?

I think the one third one your thinking about is the bandai new reissue. It's the only gray VF-1S that has a beige canopy and a seperate black heatshield to clip on.

The MW main site has pics of them all:  http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/takatoku.htm

Are you sure that third one you speak of isn't the Bandai reissue?

YEs I am sure.

Takatoku only released two vertions of the VF 1S, the White that comes with the super Pack and the Grey that comes without nothing but a gun and missiles.

The GBP 1S armor gift set only included the same 1S sold before without FP.

So Takatoku only made two vertions, white and grey.

LAter Bandai took over the license and the Taka molds, this because our good ol Takatoku went under due to the Lack of MW and their avid collectors,

BAndai then released the DYRL Valks (VF 1s Strike, VF 1A, Elint, Ostrich)

And that is the fast story, Taka was Macross, Bandai DYRL.

Later BAnadi released their TV VF 1S Focker in the 1990s featuring a crappy ABS plastic, new head and landing gears sculps with the Super Armor.

That is as far as I know for VF 1S in 1/55.

EDIT>> Well, there are also the Taiwanese VF 1S from the 1990s, the Bandai Reissue, the Chinese Boots... but those are newer stuff.

Taka... only two.

Sorry I should have used the quote button. My question was aimed at the starter of the thread.

thanks everyone, there's a Takatoku on Ebay that i'm looking at that has the heatshield and is gray with beige cockpit. Maybe the person is just putting a Bandai one in a Takatoku box?? I would provide a link but I'm at work... He does state it's a "collector's issue." Hrmm....