50% off model kits!

jardann

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the where to buy section, but I think more modelers will see it here.

Hobby Lobby is having a 50% off sale on models. Click below to get an online coupon to print out.

If you live near a Hobby Lobby you might find some bargains.

No Macross of course, but I did see some Star Trek, Lots of Tamiya Armor and pretty many airplane kits. Tons of car kits.

I spent $52.00 yesterday! :p

Here's the link:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/coupon.cfm

edit: This coupon expires this Saturday so ya's gots ta hurry!

Edited by jardann

I think they do stuff like this whenever they get overstocked on models or something. I've just happened into a Hobby Lobby before and found their models on deep discount.

I picked up some A-6E Intruder 1/72 scale kits by a company called KANGNAM. :huh: Anyone ever heard of them?

Watch out for these. I just opened one. The model itself looks fine. Recessed panel lines. Really basic cockpit detail. Two pilot figs that look OK. Under wing ordnance.

The decals on the other hand are pretty bad. They look pretty thick. I was checking it out and the cockpit dash decal isn't even on the sheet! <_<

Here's the funny part though, the red triangular jet intake warning decal says "denger" instead of danger! :blink:

Oh well, for $4.50 I can't complain too much I guess. I'll be customizing these babies! :D

If you're into armor models you could really save a bunch with this sale though. I can't believe how much those Tamiya armor kits cost. They do have impressive detail, great kits but expensive.

Frankly, the last couple of time they had this sale... there really hasn't been anything great. Some general Tamiya Armor or an occasional Academy Pavehawk is good, but nothin' else. Absolutely No sci-fi (except the usual from Polar lights... but how sick of Star Trek are you?) or anime. Even the Academy 1/32nd scale F-18 is priced at $144, which even at half price is more than you can get it for at Squadron.com.

There is usually good stuff to be had at Hobby Lobby. However it does seem to me that it depends on which one you go to. I picked up a RoG 1/32 F-14A for $20. That is a pretty good deal to me. I also got the 1/48 Monogram B-29 for 1/2 price. That makes a lot of modeling fun for the money. Gonna go back for one last time today just to see if anything got restocked thropugh the week.