WM Chang! Could I get some shot of your VF-1 Cockp

broadshore

hEY Broadshore, its chEng!... :p

Ask and ye shall recieve...

Okay - word of warning, this is not accurate to the lineart of Macross. In my over-detailing zealousness :lol: I forgot to look up my art books before going to town in "gaking" up the cockpit. In fact, the Hasegawa kits have it right, the side consoles are indeed featureless armrests and are supposed to be green cushions with no controls on them. But I like to show a little more detail when it comes to cockpits - especially since the model has all those realistic rivits all over it anyways. The side consoles where built up with spare photoetched console pieces (mostly WWII aircraft) but layered up to appear more complicated. Same with the forward bulkhead where the HUD should be. I re-built the mirrors, since I felt that the Hasegawa ones were just too thick. I glued various bits and pieces of styrene to the canopy frames as per the lineart of my various Macross books to represent the latching mechanism. The back bulkhead is a piece of photo-etched add-on by Hasegawa especially designed for the VF-1. The seatbelts are from a WWII aircraft. I wanted to drill little latch openings on the fuselage frame but couldn't figure out a way to get such a small hole to be rectangular.

post-23-1107806261_thumb.jpg

Edited by wm cheng

Last one...

I would be less timid on the weathering (especially after the VF-0) the next time I build one of these again. I can't wait to get back onto the VF-1 + Booster!!

post-23-1107806570_thumb.jpg

Well, it depends how much of a stickeler for details you are. As I said, the side consoles are devoid of any controls whatsoever - they are a green armrest (according to the TV lineart). So all my side console controls are made up. However, the front console is molded and decals are provided by Hasegawa for the DYRL version, not the TV version - so no HUD. Its easier to do the DYRL version since thats what the Hasegawas are based on. The canopy frame latch lugs are pretty accurate to the lineart. Also, there are no yellow & black emergency handles on the seat that I have added.

These... sniff... bring tears to mine eyes... sniff... so beautiful...

I feel for you... I really do... sniff... ah geez... I promise myself I wouldnt cry... :p

You know whats the scary part of it all? I really dont think any of these pictures do justice to wm cheng's work. I MUST see these in person one of these days! :D

Edited by AlphaHX

I just realized how incredible Master Cheng is AGAIN and why Hasegawa's and Master Cheng's magic touches makes these Valkyries the best in my book! Plausible features, incredible details and overall atmosphere makes these Valkyries as realistic as they can be for now. So glad to see these "improvements" over the linearts any day!

God Bless Master Cheng and Hasegawa!