Bandai announces new US Gundam game

mikeszekely

1+ year old story from GameSpot

Just because they say it's coming doesn't mean it certainly will. Wasn't that Cube Gundam game Ace Pilots: Path to Glory supposed to come out in the US too? Still a vaporware/import-only.

Well, I'm going to let my hopes get up on this one, because the story you posted wasn't entirely untrue... apparently, Bandai USA was going to hold off on AEUG vs Titans until the Z Gundam box set, which we all know just came out recently. By that time, Bandai USA knew that Bandai Japan and Capcom were upgrading AEUG vs Titans to Gundam vs Z Gundam, so they figured to just hold off and skip straight to bringing us Gundam vs. Z Gundam.

As for the Cube game, well, the Cube's just not that profitable for third-party publishers (hence Capcom's decision to bring Viewtiful Joe and eventually Resident Evil 4 to the PS2). As much as I like Gundam, I don't imagine that the PS2 games have put up any kind of remarkable sales in the US... I really doubt that it would have been worth it (from Bandai's POV) to bring over the Cube game.

Judging by the images at gamespot (both articles), Gundam vs. Z Gundam already has english boxart; I never saw an english box for Titans vs. AEUG.

Not bad box art, either. Better than the original cover for AEUG vs. Titans, although not as good as the Japanese cover for Gundam vs. Z Gundam. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't import that one. I'd already imported AEUG vs. Titans, and was holding out for just this announcement for Gundam vs. Z Gundam.

Looks like I'll have at least one Gundam related release to look forward to this year. B)) Some of the guys I know at a local Gamestop who are mech heads themselves have been telling me for several weeks now that the release of Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam was pretty much a definite and this finally confirms it.

Now if only Bandai would get their Zeta MSIA's and 7.5" figures released in the US...

But its ETA is Third Quarter of 2005....that's a long ways away regardless and dates do change....

True... I'm actually a little dissapointed that it will take them that long, but I guess if you actually pay attention to the briefings, that is a bit of text to translate and dialogue to dub...

I'm honestly not to worried about them cancelling it, though. Bandai's been cranking out Gundam games in the US at nearly 2 per year since 2000... they don't seem likely to stop any time soon.

Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Rise from the Ashes (DC) - 04-25-00

Gundam Battle Assault (PSX) - 11-06-00

Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo (PS2) - 08-06-01

Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front (PS2) - 01-15-02

Gundam Battle Assault 2 (PSX) - 07-17-02

Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon (PS2) - 09-09-02

Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space (PS2) - 12-05-03

Gundam SEED Battle Assault (GBA) - 08-10-04

SD Gundam Force (PS2) - 10-10-04

Battle Assault 3 Featuring Gundam SEED (PS2) - 12-07-04

Aside from Gundam Vs. Z Gundam, I think we're supposed to get SEED games for both PS2 and the DS this year, too.

We need a game with some Sentinel MS in it. I will pick up this game though, since it's pretty close in play to Fed vs. Zeon except with Zeta MS right?

IIRC, it uses the same engine and same basic gameplay as Fed vs. Zeon and AEUG vs. Titans. In campaign mode, you do mostly play with Zeta MS, and one of the cooler things is that you can get mission points that you can spend to repair MS more quickly than they normally repair (or at least that was the case with AEUG vs. Titans). In Arcade mode (again, at least in AEUG vs. Titans), initially only the Zeta suits were playable, but all of the suits from Fed vs. Zeon were unlockable.

Anyone know what kind of changes they made from AEUG vs. Titans to Gundam vs. Z Gundam?

*sigh* this is cool in all but I was hoping the headline of this thread would've read "Bandai announces reissuing the rest of the Macross Valkyries." Wishful thinking... ;):p:lol: