Paint scheme question.

Kurt

During DYRL or the series, other than the brown "cannon fodder", was there any other paint schemes that had multiples? Were there more than one 1J in Hikaru's TV scheme? Did every squadron have a white 1S leading it? I am doing a 1/48 custom with battle damage and was think of the possibility of have replacement parts form other valks in different schemes. This would be difficult if there was just one in a particular paint scheme. Thanks for any insight.

Don't know if this helps, but in the PS2 Game the two squads you play in have Gray and Light Purple color schemes (With the 1A's similar to a CF paint scheme but with respective colors, 1J/S were white with the chest stripe of the proper color.) Also in the series I could have sworn at one point I saw a dark green Valk somewhere in the TV series, but I'm not cirtain. Hope that helps ;)

Sounds like a neat idea, make sure to put up pics when you are done I would love to see it.

Saw in the serie 2 black & white VF 1A, black instead of the regular brown. It was when Misa is going to meet his father on Earth. Special squadron of this "special" base ? or each squadron has different standart color scheme ??? I would like to know...

On SDF-1 during the regular series, a few times you see some solid-black and solid-white VF-1 Valkyies, and more than once you see the Angelbird squadron paintjob (the red white and blue getup from the first episode's demo team)

I always imagined that the cannon fodder scheme was actually the official UN spacy standard scheme, and that in the lax atmosphere of war time various pilots or even whole squadrons chucked the rule book and painted up thier mounts as they pleased. Thus the paint schemes we see in the TV show and DYRL are just one offs painted put on thier planes by aces or particularly creative pilots. I would imagine that the majority of Valkyries, even VF-1S and Js are in the standard brown on white scheme, with the occasional plane (or even whole squadrons) in a creative custom scheme. In DYRL we see a standard brown VF-1A with custom squadron markings, I bet most Valkyries look like that instead of Hikaru's or Roy's.

follow up screenshot taking from HK bootleg. Can someone with the R2 can brighten up the gamma and confirm. In the beginning, Misa was talking to Skull, Angel and Apollo squardrons (Apollo leader was shown in the PS2 Macross game as a Grey 1S but I don't know the color scheme for the rest of the group).

post-2-1106471487_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

In DYRL, there also appears to be a yellow and red CF (see markings behind the intakes):

Nope...the markings there are just the "warning--jet intake" symbols. Usually, they're in red (and standardized so that the crew knows at a glance what it is), so it seems odd that they put that second one in yellow