Should i recast the vf1d Head???

mslz22

Ok, here is the deal, I am making a bunch of new molds for some other stuff and I have a couple of the Chris Barretta 1d heads. I have some space to throw it into a mold to make some recasts. I NEVER make copies of Macrossworlders original work, however I know that some people have been trying to contact Chris about the 1d head and were unable to contact him. I would ONLY do this for marginal $ (enough for material and shipping) as i do not want to profit from others work, and ONLY with some clear consensus from you guys that it is OK at this point. If people have a problem with it, I WILL NOT DO IT. Basically, I would like to do it as a favor to the customizers who are unable to get the heads at this point. Please let me know your opinion.

I just checked it up againt the 1s and the 1a 1/48 head and it is actually the same size for the most part

Neck dimensions would have to change a bit though I think.

I had one of the Chris B heads on my Chunky Monkey custom 1D, and it was awesome!.

Suggestion though, Chris B's mold was obviously down the centerline of the head, and on mine I had to do some serious puttying as one side of the line was significantly lower than the other side, so if you can correct that, it would be great.

I agree with your concern on this, but at the same time I see recasting as a "last resort" due to availability issues...if Chris can't be contacted or is not producing this any longer I would say go for it (it would be very different he he was still activly recasting these)...if I was in his situation I do not think I would be upset that you would do this, but that's just me (I'm pretty laid back)...

That said I as well as many other Macrossworlders would love to get my hands on a recast one so keep us informed...