A sound of thunder

wolfx

I remmembered reading this short story during college as english lit. Pretty cool....but wth...Hollywood's gonna make it (already did) into a movie? :huh:

I caught Phantom of the Opera on the screen and this was one of the trailers. Caught me by surprised really since I didn't hear of this.

Edited by wolfx

It was already on TV. It was a short story on one of those Ray Bradbury Theatre/Twilight Zone kind of show.

Story is exactly identical to the link you posted except for the end, they came back to a Nazi dominated future with Swastikas all over the place.

Watched it nearly 20 years ago as a kid. I remember it cuz I thought they tried to be smart (kill a butterfly, mess up the future) but it makes no sense. As if the anti-grav path, the sound of guns, the extra wound on the T-Rex and the air displaced by the travellers wouldn't make as much of a difference as that dead butterfly.

Worthless piece of trivia: "Sound of Thunder" has absolutely no relation to chaos theory's "butterfly effect", despite a certain obvious similarity.

Sound of Thunder predates chaos theory, and chaos theory named it after a hypothetical example developed independent to the short story.