Real ValkGirl

The_Major

the problem with that guy's costume is the cockpit and the head, the cockpit is small and flat and the head is comcially huge, i could never really take it seriously, its like he put good effort into id and then when he got to the cockpit and head he got lazy

He must have been somehow limited by the material he chose to use - looks something like cardboard or plastic sheets

and youre right, Nerv, his Valk does have a big head.

and the battroid mode ends up looking like a Chunkymonkey

post-5-1104870417_thumb.jpg

Edited by polidread

You do realize that his head has to fit in there somewhere?

I think it is a very well made Valkyrie mockup. The attention to detail and overall proportions is great.

are you kidding? no matter how you look at it, the proportions are terrible, and the head is definitely unneededly big, it wouldve been smaller if he painted a motocross helmet and put cardboard tubes on it, and that chestplate? its huge, it was obviously a compromise so he wudnt have to actually have his arms inside the valk arms

"You do realize that his head has to fit in there somewhere?

I think it is a very well made Valkyrie mockup. The attention to detail and overall proportions is great. "

Nah. ive seen better built renditions of real robot cosplays, but for a large lack of comparable cosplay VFs, that guy's attempt is okay, i guess. :p

edit: recently, ther was a Battroid cosplay done here in the Philippines, in the Games and Gadgets Convention last weekend:

macross.jpg

so, a Battroid costume Can be made more propotioned.

a litlle more thinking is just needed for the design.

Edited by polidread

chewie, i have done mecha costumes before, so i absolutely know what im talking about.

That's cool. I just didn't appreciate the guy getting totally reamed for little details on something as nice/neat as that.

It's like someone complaining about how someone drives when they don't even have a license. Ya know. No harm, no foul.

- Chewster

It's like someone complaining about how someone drives when they don't even have a license. Ya know. No harm, no foul.

- Chewster

nothing un justified about that, i been complaining about my dad driving sinc ei was 12, if i did happen to be a bad driver when i got my lisence it wouldntve changed the fact that he is still a bad driver. so whether ive made a valk costume or not doesnt make his head any prettier, everyone goes around criticizing robotech and toynami but nobody here has produced an anime series or a massproduced action figure. On these forums, if theres a flaw, it will be brought out and torn apart.

Actually yes the other battroid cosplay looks better, but it's not transformable. But the first one is - i mean, it can go into gerwalk, are you kidding me? Amazing!

actually it can do all 3 modes, obviously theres no person inside for fighter mode tho

"You do realize that his head has to fit in there somewhere?

I think it is a very well made Valkyrie mockup. The attention to detail and overall proportions is great. "

Nah. ive seen better built renditions of real robot cosplays, but for a large lack of comparable cosplay VFs, that guy's attempt is okay, i guess. :p

edit: recently, ther was a Battroid cosplay done here in the Philippines, in the Games and Gadgets Convention last weekend:

macross.jpg

so, a Battroid costume Can be made more propotioned.

a litlle more thinking is just needed for the design.

Man! I should've been in that convention. I heard there lots of hot Cosplayers there. I had to be in Cebu to see a friend because she's going back to her hometown.

Kamusta yung "gadgets" poli?