German themed water-slide decals

Panzer

I am looking to customize a 1/64 scale Kyosho Gunwalker that I bought with a German theme.

I'd like to buy a sheet of some water-slide decals that have Maltese Crosses and stuff like that. Probably not any swastikas, I'm thinking more like the Brocken Labor in Patlabor.

If somebody could point me in the right direction like a website or something that'd be great.

I'll post a video of my Gunwalker stomping around on his metal plate, its good fun!

buy any modern day revell or dragon 1/72 scale german vehicle kit and youll get just what you need. the kits are cheap if you pay more than 7 dollars your paying too much. the modern cross used is the maltese cross wwII vehicles had the balkenkreuz which is not the one you want. also WWII german tanks actually never had the hakenkreuz painted on them the crew usually tied a flag or banner with it on it to their vehicles for air ID. lemme look i may have an old decal sheet laying around i could send to you.

sean

Yeah....alot of airplane models have German markings....you could probably nab a crappy one from soemwhere with decent decals. When you do decal it, I would stick to the Iron Crosses, and not the Swastikas. I painted a Battletech fighter in a German camo with markings, andeveryone had a problem wiht the Swastika.

Post pics when you finish tho, I love the quasi-alternate history mecha.

buy any modern day revell or dragon 1/72 scale german vehicle kit and youll get just what you need. the kits are cheap if you pay more than 7 dollars your paying too much. the modern cross used is the maltese cross wwII vehicles had the balkenkreuz which is not the one you want. also WWII german tanks actually never had the hakenkreuz painted on them the crew usually tied a flag or banner with it on it to their vehicles for air ID. lemme look i may have an old decal sheet laying around i could send to you.

sean

hmm interesting.. it seems the "balkenkreuz" cross is what I'm looking for. And I'd probably give the mech one maltese cross on the lower left side of his chest like an award or something like the real Germans wore.

but the balkenkreuz crosses I'd use the most and put them on his shoulders and stuff. Just like the Brocken Labor pretty much.

If you wanted to mail me a decal sheet that'd be awesome! just PM me.

hmm never used dry transfers before.

cool stuff though, I shouldn't have any problem finding markings now.

I also want to get a Kyosho inner antenna from a Mini-Z to get rid of the wire. that'll be sweet!

Edited by Panzer

i have a S^%t load of balkenkreuz markings upstairs in my hobby room and i think one maltese. PM me with your address and ill get them out on their way no later than monday. its christmas so the post office is crammed and most of the base is down from today until monday. but ill have it on the way.

the balkenkreuz was made the official marking during ww2 for the luftwaffe. it was changed back to maltese after the s&!t with the nazis to show that the form of government was no longer in power. tanks went through the same process too. only aircraft had the hakenkreuz painted on them on the tails and most german model companies wont even put them in kits because of how strongly they dont like what it stands for. if anyone gives you crap though say its actually taiwanese for vegitarian which it is a symbol for as well. i dont like the emblem either myself which is why i stick to tanks unless its on the model for accuracy purposes.

I'm not really concerned about static people may have for any other symbol than a swastika because that I can understand, its bad.

The balkenkreuz and malteses crosses are just German sysmbols and were around before the nazis. definetly the maltese was so I'm not really worried about those two symbols.

Edited by Panzer