New Smokescreen pictures

GobotFool

Beeeeeeeeautiful! Thanks!

However.....

The lighter blue we've been seeing in the newer pics gives me some pause. It doesn't look bad at all, but I like the darker shade better.

And where is the diecast? Every bit of him looks like plastic. I'm hoping this is the Hasbro version and the Japanese release will have all the diecast we've been led to expect, along with a darker toned paintjob, which would really enhance it's realism.

Still though...DAMN!! That is a fine, fine Transformer! B)

Beeeeeeeeautiful! Thanks!

However.....

The lighter blue we've been seeing in the newer pics gives me some pause. It doesn't look bad at all, but I like the darker shade better.

And where is the diecast? Every bit of him looks like plastic. I'm hoping this is the Hasbro version and the Japanese release will have all the diecast we've been led to expect, along with a darker toned paintjob, which would really enhance it's realism.

Still though...DAMN!! That is a fine, fine Transformer! B)

I am pretty sure this is either a proto or a american sample. I guess we will have to wait and see. If it proves not to have high diecast, and be only slightly more than the US counterpart, which I doubt I would then get the american one. I'd only shell out an extra 20 if it had extreme diecast content over its american version.

Now I can't wait for HLJ to send me mine! The plastic version looks good....will definitely get the Hasbro version for my nephew and myself to play with (while the Takara one will be displayed MIB) .

Thanks so much for the links!!! I can't wait to get mine from digital-toys.com (thumbs up for this store too). But i have to agree that i like the darker cololr better. I hope this are still proto pics like you suggested. But if not... well... that's still the most beatiful TF to date!

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

That looks yummy!

He still looks a little stubby though, and that gun looks funky.  :blink:

well the gun is produced from an engine part ;) The only thing that kinda bugs me about this transformer is the arm elbow joints I just keep wondering if there was to make the double joint more subtle.

Edited by GobotFool

How tall is it? Because for me.... it just looks awfully stubby legged. <_<

I'm thinking it's about 1/24th scale... So roughly 8in tall? Maybe?

Anyway, looking sweet. Not a huge fan of the head, but then I never like Transformer heads... I just might have to buy another one for a custom...

Vostok 7

yeah, I agree with everybody who said that the blue on this guy is too light. I want the darker colored one that was first introduced. Maybe it's the japanese version that's darker. I hope that is the case. And one thing I wish they would've added is the missle launchers that go on his shoulders. If those were there, that would've been a perfect smokescreen! :p:D:lol:

bumblebee as a new beetle : great :D

Unlikely.

VW doesn't tolerate their vehicles being associated with war (due largely to their role in WWII Germany). They may not give Hasbro license to produce a toy model of the bug.

A car transforming into a robot is a very, very loose association with war. Especially since the Alternators don't even have a story to go with them yet. So far they are just cool looking cars that turn into cool looking robots, and I'd hope VW would see it that way. I wouldn't want Bumblebee to end up as a freaking BMW Mini or something. :p

Unlikely.

VW doesn't tolerate their vehicles being associated with war (due largely to their role in WWII Germany). They may not give Hasbro license to produce a toy model of the bug.

A car transforming into a robot is a very, very loose association with war. Especially since the Alternators don't even have a story to go with them yet. So far they are just cool looking cars that turn into cool looking robots, and I'd hope VW would see it that way. I wouldn't want Bumblebee to end up as a freaking BMW Mini or something. :p

that would be funny.

I just want to see Prowl as a Nessain Z 305 :ph34r: ............ Please Takara.

Unlikely.

how do you explain bumblebee generation 1 being the classic style beetle :huh:

Or any of the other various Bumblebee incarnations, especially the Takara MyClones, the Smallest Transformers Bumblebee and the PVC version which I might add was also released here by Hasbro. Or what about Goldbug, or even that big VW Beetle Go-Bot (which was actually pretty cool).

I know VW is fully embracing the whole hippie stereotype that's been associated with VW Bugs since, well, the 60's, but it seems very unlikely that they would be so gung-ho about it that they'd turn down an advertising opportunity like a licensed Transformers toy. And seeing as how VW and Apple have teamed-up with their Beetles and Ipods, maybe there could be a three-way deal where Soundwave is an Apple I-Pod (that actually works), Bumblebee is a new VW Beetle and they could be packaged together and thrown in as a deal-sweetener when someone buys a VW. Of course they would also be sold separately for those who aren't in the market for a car.

Or maybe I just need to go get sauced. OK, off to the bar! :lol:

Unlikely.

Or any of the other various Bumblebee incarnations, especially the Takara MyClones, the Smallest Transformers Bumblebee and the PVC version which I might add was also released here by Hasbro. Or what about Goldbug, or even that big VW Beetle Go-Bot (which was actually pretty cool).

I know VW is fully embracing the whole hippie stereotype that's been associated with VW Bugs since, well, the 60's, but it seems very unlikely that they would be so gung-ho about it that they'd turn down an advertising opportunity like a licensed Transformers toy. And seeing as how VW and Apple have teamed-up with their Beetles and Ipods, maybe there could be a three-way deal where Soundwave is an Apple I-Pod (that actually works), Bumblebee is a new VW Beetle and they could be packaged together and thrown in as a deal-sweetener when someone buys a VW. Of course they would also be sold separately for those who aren't in the market for a car.

Or maybe I just need to go get sauced. OK, off to the bar! :lol:

Soundwave an Ipod :blink: <_< Thats freaky and wrong. and bout making BB a VW with car purchase exclusive, DON"T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!!!!!!! ;):p

Only the 2-pack would be an exclusive, they'd be widely available individually. I know the idea of an Ipod Soundwave is a bit frightening, I was letting my imagination get the best of me. I'll go punish it with beer. OK, now I'm really off to the bar and/or pub. :p

Edited by eriku

This could be Bumblebee Alternator

My Webpage :D

New size comparison for alternator Smokescreen next to the original G1 Smokescreen

http://members.lycos.co.uk/tfalternators20...escreen/010.jpg

And here is a comparison for prime to a Datzun G1

http://www.cosmicrust.com/images/news/mpc1.jpg

So it looks like Prime is going to really tower over the Alternators. Oh well, he is the one in charge, so he might as well be large and in charge! Get it? What? Why is everyone walking away? :unsure:

Unlikely.

These were never officially licensed models, whereas every Alternator has to be.