My first 1/48 and 1/60 valks

gian7675

Hi guys!

I've finally gotten my very first 1/48(a 1st edition Hikaru) a optional 1/48 Fast pack & 1/60( Vf-1s Strike Valk). I bought them all for $143.00 I'm the third owner of these valks and I'm very happy of regarding the 1/48 :lol: but I have mixed feelings about the 1/60 <_<

The 1/48, I have no complaints :) It's big and nice and very detailed :) and it's still beautiful even though as I've mentioned that I'm the third owner. The previous owners just kept the 1/48 Hik in display. However, I always take him out of the box and play with it everytime I go home from work and put him inside the box again ;)

The 1/60 however is a different story... <_< I don't know if it's because I'm the third owner but I've heard complaints on the 1/60 before and I think it's the primary cause of my complaints.

a.) the landing gear sags (front, & both back even though it's just sitting idle in fighter mode <_<,

b.) the Fast/strike packs kept falling off including the leg aromour :angry: .

c.) the stupid pegs are so fragile that one of the twin Reaction Missiles broke-off the very first time I placed them on the wings even though I was very very carefull in placing them :angry: I already had an idea that the pegs were fragile because 1 Reaction missile peg is already broken off and stuck under the wing by the previous owner but still, the other one broke-off even though I didn't stuck it inside the hole all the way!!

d.) the legs sometimes won't lock onto the front thingy when you slide the side thingy to lock it in place which explains why this specific 1/60 that I bought was full of scratche and paint chips!

But the strange thing is...I still like the 1/60. :unsure: I like to stare at it and play with it all the time(more time than the 1/48 :) ) Sometimes I get frustrated at it when the armour falls off or when the landing gear sags but I still like it :) It's like loving your child even though there are times that your frustrated with your child :) Get my point guys? I don't replace him back in the box like the 1/48 Hik. I always keep him on top of my desk at home.

In the future however, given the chance if I'll buy a 1/48 or 1/60...I would rather buy the 1/48 and stay away from the 1/60 :lol: one 1/60 is enough for me...unless Yamato pushes through with the Optional Fast Packs and weapons then I'll go for the 1/60's no matter how frustrating it is! :lol:

i guess i'll be in the same boat as you pretty soon...i'm barely getting my 1st 1/48 (VF-1S Roy Focker 3rd issue)...i'll probably still play with my 1/60 VF-1S mostly because it was one of my first yamato toys i've ever had...i might get another 1/48 in the future but for now, i need to see how the 1/48 i'm getting stands up to the rest ;)

I totally agree with you guys! The 1/60's are great play pieces, considering how much they go for nowadays. I've got a 1/60 MAX and I take it out of the box everytime I'm home and kicking back. I do own 4 1/48's, but I'm one of those freaks that treat them as if they were model kits. Needless to say, they end up staying in my display case :D .

Oh, and GIAN7675, congrats on your new acquisition and welcome to VALKAHOLICS ANONYMOUS :lol::D !!

Edited by connor99

I totally agree with you guys! The 1/60's are great play pieces, considering how much they go for nowadays. I've got a 1/60 MAX and I take it out of the box everytime I'm home and kicking back. I do own 4 1/48's, but I'm one of those freaks that treat them as if they were model kits. Needless to say, they end up staying in my display case :D .

Oh, and GIAN7675, congrats on your new acquisition and welcome to VALKAHOLICS ANONYMOUS :lol::D !!

Thanks! :)

I hate my darn 1/60 but I like it too even if i'm having trouble locking the legs back into place when putting it into Gerwalk & Fighter mode & until my fingers get numb with pain! :)

It seems that I'm a pain loving person :) kind of kinky! :p:lol:

yes,yes,welcome to the dark side my friend.you'll wanna just leave your wallet in the basket by the door,yamato now controls that.the dark side isn't stronger,but it is quicker,easier..........more seductive. :p:p

i agree w/ your thoughts about the 1/60's,but that really changed for me when i got the VE-1 & VT-1.when i had my 1/60 VF-1S strikevalk,i wasn't liking it's armour fitment,my fast/strike packs just never would sit even on their mounts & the leg armours would come off w/ just the lightest handling.it was my first 1/60 too,so figuring out how to transform it the first time,was an escapade to say the least.

my VE-1 & VT-1 are a whole different story though.all the armours fit snug & tight & they mount true w/o sitting crooked or needing adjustment.the transformations seem easier to get just from a quick glance to see how the parts move,i like how the cockpit canopies/heatshields click in nice & tight,not falling off in evasive manuevers.i'm not sure if yamato perfected the 1/60 line before releasing the elint & ostrich,but it seems like it.i heard the valks w/ 2 pilots in them were difficult to transform into battroid mode w/o having to wrestle w/ the chest plate to fenagle it into position,but that issue seems to have been corrected,at least it seems that way w/ my 1/60's. :)

Who you calling a freak? Yeah I customize some of my Valks. What of it? I mean that is why I have 50 of them. :D:rolleyes:

Godzilla Posted on Dec 13 2004, 08:24 PM

QUOTE (connor99 @ Dec 12 2004, 05:16 PM)

I totally agree with you guys! The 1/60's are great play pieces, considering how much they go for nowadays. I've got a 1/60 MAX and I take it out of the box everytime I'm home and kicking back. I do own 4 1/48's, but I'm one of those freaks that treat them as if they were model kits. Needless to say, they end up staying in my display case .

Oh, and GIAN7675, congrats on your new acquisition and welcome to VALKAHOLICS ANONYMOUS !!

Who you calling a freak? Yeah I customize some of my Valks. What of it? I mean that is why I have 50 of them.

G-Man, YOU are the freak-meister of the 1/48 collectors :lol: and we love you for it :D !!

Dude, props to you for scoring a sweet deal, getting a 1/48, Fast-Packs and a 1/60 Strike for that price. 1/48s are totally awesome, but the 1/60s do have there charm. You can tell yourself you are happy with 1/48, but secretly you want more, possibly all of them :lol: . Especially now with the 1/48 GBP armor coming out.

Dude, props to you for scoring a sweet deal, getting a 1/48, Fast-Packs and a 1/60 Strike for that price. 1/48s are totally awesome, but the 1/60s do have there charm. You can tell yourself you are happy with 1/48, but secretly you want more, possibly all of them :lol: . Especially now with the 1/48 GBP armor coming out.

Thanks! :) I was a little bit late on his other 1/48 Vf-1S Fokker but I think the other buyer is backing off...I hope ;) It's a sweet deal indeed.

Anyway, another macross fan is going to sell his collection...I hope I can make another good deal with his valks! :lol:

I love all my kids...er valks. All three 1/48's stay on a low shelf on display out of the boxes and my 1/60 wing all get thier play. Only the 1/55's stay in the box and I ain't talkin toynami B)) . The addiction is bad but it feels so good.

c.) the stupid pegs are so fragile that one of the twin Reaction Missiles broke-off the very first time I placed them on the wings even though I was very very carefull in placing them :angry: I already had an idea that the pegs were fragile because 1 Reaction missile peg is already broken off and stuck under the wing by the previous owner but still, the other one broke-off even though I didn't stuck it inside the hole all the way!!

i know how you feel alittle bit. i broke one of the pegs that hold those 3 pack missiles on my 1/48 1st edition roy. so the 2 side ones are in place but the bottom one can swing around since only 1 peg holds it up now.