The Cap JFK Game

Mechamaniac

Appropriate or Inappropriate?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Appropriate or Inappropriate?

• Appropriate
    • Inappropriate
    • Just downright fun!

OK, so this is all the rage in today's news....

www.jfkreloaded.com

I downloaded it (which I'm sure puts me on several watch lists :p ) and I thought the game to be pretty darned interesting. It's not terribly challenging, but for all the instant replay and after the shot data you get, it's definitely cool, and worth $9.99.

Wondering if anyone else here has it, or what your (NON-POLITICAL) opinions were.

Hmm I dont knwo cause i havent palyed the game. perhaps if something is learned from this. On a related note, I watched a Discovery/ TLC special on the JFK assasination. People analyzed teh data and what not. Recreated the assasination thru CG rendering in 3D and some recreated teh sound. There was a lot of things analyzed. Hiring people to shoot into balistics gel in a similar set up to Oswalds shooting. Is this not a recreation/game too?

I love offensive things, in fact I am one.... But at the same time this game is just in poor taste, but to protect freedom of speech and expression it should be allowed.

If anything it gives EVEN MORE attention to a president who didn't do anything except screw Norma Gene and get killed. I personally think JFK is the most overated man in US history.

What's the point? Did they make this to try and prove something?

As a game, it sounds incredibly boring. As a political statement, it's rather weak. I think lame is a better descriptor than inapropriate. I do agree with A1 that in terms of free speech, the game makers are within their rights. I just don't get what the game's for.

I think it's more of a human interest thing than a political statement or a "game".

Like I said, it's the after the shot stuff that makes it interesting. You can replay the scenerio from about 15 different angles, including bullet's eye view, grassy knoll, zapruder film etc etc.

Then once that is done it takes you to a 3d rendering of the vehicle with all the historical people inside it, and shows a shot by shot trajectory breakdown.

To top it all off, they have an online contest and if you score hits on JFK closest to the actual wounds he suffered, you win a hundred grand!.

Tasteless? - sort of, but the guys that made it are limeys, so what do they care? ;)

If anything it gives EVEN MORE attention to a president who didn't do anything except screw Norma Gene and get killed. I personally think JFK is the most overated man in US history.

Yup, basically, JFK was the Slick Willie of his era.

The only reason his illicit doings stayed hush hush is because he was inadvertently martyred. Had he stayed in office, Slick Willie would have had to work for his "most scandalous" record.

There was a really old strategy PC game I had years ago that might make a good "bookend" title to this one... it was called Re-Elect JFK, and what it was in a nutshell was a presidential sim that went under the guise that Kennedy escaped Dallas alive... you then got to play him and deal with Civil Rights, 'Nam and all the other problems that he left stewing in the pot for LBJ to handle.

I don't think anyone can win the 100 grand. I bet like most games they don't account the bone structure and organs into the game which can affect the performance of the bullet.

Like a couple a weeks ago, i shot a deer upslope from my position and shot high. The bullet took out the spine but the bone frags shredded the heart and every vital organ in its path. couldnt recover the bullet since it hit the spine like when you skip a rock off the water, it most likely bounced up the mountain.

JFK overrated?!?!

:o

He screwed the hottest sex starlet in the U.S. and then passed her off to her brother....

the guy was a saint... -_-

Like a couple a weeks ago, i shot a deer upslope from my position and shot high. The bullet took out the spine but the bone frags shredded the heart and every vital organ in its path. couldnt recover the bullet since it hit the spine like when you skip a rock off the water, it most likely bounced up the mountain.

wow that is rather graphic. haha its cool though. I dont know which is worse. Shooting the deer with a gun which could be quick or bow and arrow. Those arrows are gruesome have you seen them? They have ones where the blades on the tip switch blade out upon contact. The deer supposedly doesnt feel much but discomfort. it walks around and then rests. Meanwhile the bladed tip is slicing things up inside.

Like a couple a weeks ago, i shot a deer upslope from my position and shot high.  The bullet took out the spine but the bone frags shredded the heart and every vital organ in its path. couldnt recover the bullet since it hit the spine like when you skip a rock off the water, it most likely bounced up the mountain.

wow that is rather graphic. haha its cool though. I dont know which is worse. Shooting the deer with a gun which could be quick or bow and arrow. Those arrows are gruesome have you seen them? They have ones where the blades on the tip switch blade out upon contact. The deer supposedly doesnt feel much but discomfort. it walks around and then rests. Meanwhile the bladed tip is slicing things up inside.

arrows are design to cuase living things to bleed to death, with guns its much more violent but much shorter that you could be dead before you know it.

if you want i can take a picture of the wound. i keep the deer hanging around for several weeks for i process them to get rid of the gamey flavor.

If you take a picture, please don't post it here. Thanks.

I agree with Mike Szekeley--the idea of doing a simulation/model which helps people understand the assassination is fine. But the way it's marketed is tasteless and strikes me as disingenuous. I haven't visited the website (it's been too busy) let alone downloaded the game but simply referring to it as a "game", giving scores, and offering a prize are all marks of exploitation.

Furthermore, the notion that a video game can effectively simulate the difficulties faced by a sniper, to the point of proving or disproving the conclusions of the Warren Report, is asinine. To even begin to do that kind of simulation, you'd have to give the operators a real rifle, not a mouse and keyboard.

Zentrandude...I finally got into the site, and here's what they say

# When bullets hit objects, they react according to the material they hit. For instance, they will pass through glass and upholstery unhindered; pass through flesh with some deflection; and either glance off or pass through bone, depending on the angle of impact.

# Angles of ricochet and internal body deflection are highly accurate simulations, based on the laws of physics.

and
In addition to more obvious trajectories that cause injuries in more than once place (such as through an arm then through a leg), the character-modelling in JFK Reloaded is so detailed that the analysis will even trace bullet paths as they pass through folds of skin. This would explain why you may see the path of the bullet simply passing through a body part, but the analysis states that it entered and exited more than once. Although the program could remove these references, this would sometimes result in insufficient information being displayed, so the ballistics screen displays these extra lines for completeness – and they are, in any case, authentically deduced bullet trajectories.

not bad of them putting it in, most games don't even think of that. coarse there are tons of other factors that can change anything. Im thinking to try it out but im bit torn, since it is tastless even for british ( i would tought a US backwater survivalist (dale gribble from king of the hill type) that knew programming would push it out and its history you can't change the past.

Another "not quite real but real enough" JFK game is from the movie Kentucky Fried Movie, and the film dialogue goes a little something like this:

It's the new Board Game "Scott Free!"

"You've just assassinated the president, can your team escape?"

"Good job! You've found a patsy!"

"Great! You got Jack Ruby to kill your patsy!"

"Uh oh! Time Life just bought the Zapruder film!"

"But you buy Time Life and show the images out of sequence!"

"You've done it! You got away Scott Free!"

:p