James Cameron's "Battle Angel" Movie

Danny Verissimo "would have been" a good choice for Galli tho'. But as things are right now I doubt Cameron would dare to show the boobs of a asupposed 13 year old girl, even if she is a CGI cyborg.

I visited the studio hired for this in LA last year (I have a friend working there) and they showed me some of the designs that were sitting there collecting dust because apparently Cameron were busy with other stuff. I've seen very little of the manga, so I couldn't tell you if the characters looked like those in the book, but I liked what I saw. Very anime like Combat robots. Personally I hate the Detroit approach of most american robot films like Transformers.

As for Cameron directing this, you have to give the guy the fact that he knows how to use a given resource. I think he knows what CGI can and cannot do, as long as he doesn't abuse of it as most action directors do nowadays, I think it will be a movie fun to watch.

Edit: Added the "would have been" at the beginning, as it's clear that the teaser is a fake :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Thats a spiffy teaser, but is it real? or a fan made creation of some kind?

If I remember right (and th last I read about the live action Battle Angel was almost a year ago so I may be off a bit) was that it was scheduled to be released in 2009. I know Galley was to be totally CGI, but for normal scenes there was an actress playing the part, to later be replaced with the CGI, so that the movements and interactions with non-CGI elements/actors would be clean. The movie was also to be done in the new Digital 3D, which wasn't available in theartes when I last read about it, but is now.

Guest sh002

i'll wait to see how this turns out. cameron can do good stuff as opposed to other people in the biz...

Edited by sh002

Meh there has been talk about this movie for years and it still hasn't happened. Right now he is working on Avatar and then after that who knows. You figure with the filmmaking rep he has it shouldn't take forever and a day to make or even finance or whatever needs to be done for a film. He has always expressed interest in the Battle Angel stuff but has never really followed up on it. I will wait until more concrete information comes out.