MGS3 first impressions

Skull Leader

The tree climbing is curious. Even if you equip the tree bark camo, once your up the tree you stand out like crazy. That camo is only good if you stand against a tree. Every time I try the hanging with one arm and shooting with the other, the soldier/target sees me.

(Interesting to hear Anavel Gato and Snake's voice is also William T Riker... I gotta see Star Trek in Japanese. :D )

The tree climbing is curious. Even if you equip the tree bark camo, once your up the tree you stand out like crazy. That camo is only good if you stand against a tree. Every time I try the hanging with one arm and shooting with the other, the soldier/target sees me.

(Interesting to hear Anavel Gato and Snake's voice is also William T Riker... I gotta see Star Trek in Japanese. :D )

Yes...that IS annoying. It never worked as great as in the E3 demo. <_<

Best....Game.....Ever.

Not in terms of revolutionary or uniqueness but I just loved playing it! The story is so much better than MG2 and it was just a lot of fun to play.

Only thing I'd change is the camera options, fighting THE END was terribly difficult with the camera being the way it was (at least for me).

I'm doing the same thing, finished on normal, trying to get through on Hard. The guards are a hell of a lot more aggressive, and numerous. I tried my usual trick of hiding on a rooftop while they're searching, quite surprised to have a rain oh hand grenades blowing me off the roof... :lol:

I had trouble fighting 'The End' too, I could only really get him with sniper shots. I just couldn't get close, the old bugger always runs away. I wanna try that trick where you snipe him in his wheel chair before the battle ever happens. (not very sporting :( ) Then the stage where you would have fought him is supposed to be filled with Ocelot's men instead.

I'm doing the same thing, finished on normal, trying to get through on Hard. The guards are a hell of a lot more aggressive, and numerous. I tried my usual trick of hiding on a rooftop while they're searching, quite surprised to have a rain oh hand grenades blowing me off the roof... :lol:

I had trouble fighting 'The End' too, I could only really get him with sniper shots. I just couldn't get close, the old bugger always runs away. I wanna try that trick where you snipe him in his wheel chair before the battle ever happens. (not very sporting :( ) Then the stage where you would have fought him is supposed to be filled with Ocelot's men instead.

I had trouble with The End initially but found out it's so much more fun and satisfying to sneak behind him and hold him up. :lol:

Once you locate his whereabouts using the directional microphone, go around and approach him from behind as he starts snoring (crouching slowly, of course), then get up and point your gun at his back. Do this a few times and he'll surrender his moss camo, which gives you photosynthesis ability.

usually i just tossed a grenade up to where the end is sitting and get him that way.

my brother saved in the middle of the fight and didn't come back for over a week and when he reloaded, the end looked like he died of starvation or something.

:o

is that one of the quirks that they put in?

• 9 months later...

Alright, I'm digging up a dead thread. :p

Has anyone seen the secret theaters they are going to include in MGS3: Subsistence? Me and Skull Leader just finished watching some of the funniest MGS parodies of all time. I must say, it gave me a slight bellyache for laughing too hard.

Check out "Metal Gear S..." You'll know what I mean. :)

• 1 year later...