what is this?

nemesis120

Mods - I wasn't quite sure where to put it so it went in here (of the Macross stuff forums the most people come in here, so here it went).

I found this on a Yahoo Japan auction - I have no clue what it is. It says Tatsunoko Pro. but I don't know what the friggin thing is. Anyone care to enlighten me about this?

yokyun7777-img491x342-1063381495mac.jpg

Here's the link

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g5431445

I don't think it's the pencil sketch since those are usually stuck to the cel and they come with the cel. And those are usually on a piece of regular (or so it seems) paper (at least the ones from my cels are). It's 4000 yen and it will probably end that way. Personally I don't think it's worth that much (just by glancing at it) but if it had the actual cel it would probably go for more than that. It is interesting in that you can tell that they were debating how much to animate (at least that's my interpretation of the boxes).

It is interesting in that you can tell that they were debating how much to animate (at least that's my interpretation of the boxes).

In the end, I don't think they animated any of it. Did they ever show a VF-1S with the seat emerging from the neck in the TV series? I know they showed a VF-1D.

It is interesting in that you can tell that they were debating how much to animate (at least that's my interpretation of the boxes).

In the end, I don't think they animated any of it. Did they ever show a VF-1S with the seat emerging from the neck in the TV series? I know they showed a VF-1D.

It has a strike cannon on it's back. It's from the escape scene just before Roy gets it in DYRL.

That is a "Genga", a drawing of an important scene made by senior animators. They are then used as model by other animators to draw "douga's"(the pencil sketch that comes with a cels)

Edited by spooncivicR