Yamato 1/60 VT-1

Draykov

Sorry if this is redundant, but I didn't notice any other threads that were dedicated solely to the VT-1 that consisted of general chit-chat about the product as a whole. My enthusiasm for the 1/60 line has been on a steady decline since the 1/48 VF-1S was released, but I still got the VT-1 and VE-1 "just because." I'm pretty happy with Yamato's take on the Super Ostrich, and I know it's been a while since I watched DYRL, but why the hell is Jack in the back seat?

Sorry if this is redundant, but I didn't notice any other threads that were dedicated solely to the VT-1 that consisted of general chit-chat about the product as a whole. My enthusiasm for the 1/60 line has been on a steady decline since the 1/48 VF-1S was released, but I still got the VT-1 and VE-1 "just because." I'm pretty happy with Yamato's take on the Super Ostrich, and I know it's been a while since I watched DYRL, but why the hell is Jack in the back seat?

Er...that's actually supposed to be Minmay in a standard EVA suit, the same ones worn by Misa and Kaifun when they chased after Hikaru's VT-1 in the "Rabbit" shuttle.

Personally, I think the helmet sort of has a "mouse-ear" look to it.

I think is a real nice piece. Overally I am pleased with my ostrich. Yes it does have some details, like the FP hinge is a bit loose and the head in mine is totally floppy.

Not to mention that minmey figure... :lol:

I think it have some minor bugs, nothing really bad at all.

Still the best ostrich out there. A beauty.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to opening mine...and I cant seem to lock the backpack far enough forward...the connector piece has a stop that its not snapping past...Ive applied just about enough pressure to break it...and now dont know what to do....anyone else have this problem? Suggestions in fixing it?

Finally got around to opening mine...and I cant seem to lock the backpack far enough forward...the connector piece has a stop that its not snapping past...Ive applied just about enough pressure to break it...and now dont know what to do....anyone else have this problem? Suggestions in fixing it?

Ya, but enough force should get it through. Still, the backpack is floppy as hell, so dont be expecting more than a display piece. Mine also had some bad paint apps. Some of the orange is missing in some areas. But I'm cool with it, I like my VT-1.

i like mine, but its never going into battroid mode, the chest plate just wont slide down. I don't mind too mch, because it looks better as a gerwalk or fighter, but still... for paying 80-90, you'd kinda expect a little better quality. overall, i say get one, its still a tight toy, even if mine is limited to 2 modes.

i like mine, but its never going into battroid mode, the chest plate just wont slide down. I don't mind too mch, because it looks better as a gerwalk or fighter, but still... for paying 80-90, you'd kinda expect a little better quality. overall, i say get one, its still a tight toy, even if mine is limited to 2 modes.

Here's a nice simple fix for the stubborn chest plate. Its what I do with my Hikaru 1J and my Max 1A. When you are ready to slide the chest plate down, place your thumb on the T section and gently press downwards while applying force towards the back of the battroid. Slides down every time!

My chestplate slider was so bent i needed to take the thing apart and fix it to get it into battroid mode.

My wife bought me the VT-1 last weekend, and I had picked up the VE-1 the week before. I actually stopped buying 1/60 Yamatos because they felt so fragile and I didn't like the detachable legs, and because the 1/48s were so superior. However, the Ostrich and 'Seeker were so unique and full of character I had to get them! I have always loved the VE-1 because this was the only Bandai valk I had as a kid. And my wife liked the VT-1 because she thought my collection needed some color!

Both of these models feel sturdier than my 1/60 1S Roy and 1A Hikaru. To be honest I haven't transformed the VT or VE into battroid mode yet. Mostly because they look so nice in fighter in mode, but also because part of me is afraid I might break them if I transform them! In general, I prefer the 1/60's in fighter mode.

The VE and VT FAST packs look great. Without the FAST packs on, the fighter mode's stubby tail fins look weird. But I don't foresee displaying mine without the armor. And while the canopy design doesn't match the valk aesthetic that I am used to, I don't have a problem with it. One day, just for fun, I swapped their armor around. The Ostrich's armor matches the 'Seeker's orange nose cone almost perfectly and the 'Seeker looked pretty cool with orange armor. In the end I restored their original packs though.

I'm really glad I got the Ostrich and 'Seeker. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the 1/60 design, these are two fine looking valks that are full of character!

PS - what a great time to be a Macross collector, when we can say things like "I prefer the 1/48 design to the 1/60 so I stopped buying 1/60s". Just a few short years ago I would have paid ridiculous money for anything that remotely resembled a valk! Nowadays, I get to be choosy. Woohoo!

Hoku...welcome to MW...your right...it is a wonderful time to be a collector...we didn't have the option of being picky years ago!!!

Also...glad you mentioned the taifins...I cant believe they couldnt engineer a better way to make them size right them making them so stubby...that one suprised me too...not a big deal..as I wont be displaying them without armor either...but odd. They did the right thing packing the VE with the FP's on...I might not have even noticed if the VT didn't come in fighter mode sans armor.

The VT-1 is pretty good. The colors are a little more subdued than I'd have preferred but not bad. I wish it came with the arm armor like the Bandai's did. The main complaint was the lower quality plastic in the arms (it's especially noticable in the hands) as compared to some of the older 1/60's (all I have from the older ones is a Max 1A to compare to).

It's a pretty good Valk. If Yamato does a 1/48, I'd likely sell the 1/60, though.