News on TF collection 17 and 18

Gunbuster

soundblaster is the another version of soundwave that was only released in japan. He's a black version of soundwave and can carry two cassettes as oppose to one. He's an awesome variant of soundwave. It's just like that stepper one that was released. It's just a jazz painted black and turned into a target master. That was only released in japan as well. The predaking I believe is going to be released in it's original type japanese gift set box. And is not going to be part of the bookstyle series.

Predaking was always assumed to be 17 or 18, but I don't ever remember reading anything official stating it as such, only that it 'would' be released.

And it hasn't been cancelled yet or anything, on the contrary, it was just announced that Predaking would in fact have all it's diecast intact.

excellent news on the diecast predaking i was afraid he would be all plastic, i am hoping for a Devesator Gift set still

The story behind Soundblaster basically is that soundwave and blaster destroyed each other, each side did their own salvage/rebuild and the result was Soundwave becoming Soundblaster, and Blaster becoming Twincast (or broadcast not sure which).

This was in the Headmasters TV series in Japan.

Soundblaster:

post-26-1098739290.jpg

The story behind Soundblaster basically is that soundwave and blaster destroyed each other, each side did their own salvage/rebuild and the result was Soundwave becoming Soundblaster, and Blaster becoming Twincast (or broadcast not sure which).

This was in the Headmasters TV series in Japan.

Soundblaster:

Pretty clever to sell more toys...recolor it and make new gimmick. :lol:

Soundblaster can carry two cassettes? really how? double stack or what?

Looking at the photos, it seems soundblaster is "better endowed" thus allowing him to have a double cassetes in his deck.

yeah, it can carry two. The cassette door is not flushed with the chest anymore. It actually pops out more to carry the extra tape.

yeah, it can carry two. The cassette door is not flushed with the chest anymore. It actually pops out more to carry the extra tape.

Aahh. I KNEW there was a difference. They just both looked the same to me. So I suppose he'll come with two tapes. Lemme guess -- Ratbat (groan) and hopefully Ravage? No, wait, did Ravage come with the soundwave reissue, or was it Laserbeak?

Ah, I wish they made some of the combiner tapes that they released during the Headmaster period, I think there was a monkey called Beatbox or something. ;)

EDIT -- Check it out, the tapedecks in "action": http://homepage.mac.com/thansson/headmaste...e4/episode4.htm

Edited by Renato

That's the brilliance of the show.

Take a bunch of recognised characters, animate them poorly, throw in ridiculous stories, THEN "translate" it with a wacky script and re-dub it in broken English with the stupid voice-cast of Clash of the Bionoids, and there you have it -- THE BEST SHOW EVARR!!

"How come you missed?"

"This has been my way of doing things."

Classic. :D

------------------

Edit -- By the way, this thread should really be a part of the pinned TF thread because otherwise the whole forum will be overrun with TF topics.

Edited by Renato