Juon, the Grudge

gerwalk25

Watched the original Ju-On with my wife last night and it was definitely creepy. I don't know that there were as many freak outs as the american version though. Also, the plot was definitely more jumbled which made it hard to follow. At one point we weren't even sure which cute japanese girl just got killed. Also, the way the curse could pass to people who had merely met someone who had been to the house definitely upped the tension. Of course, it also leaves room for a few hundred sequels, since theoretically you could bump into someone in line at McD's who had just left the house, and you could get killed that night. Anyway, all in all, very good movie. Tonight I have to watch Ringu for the first time. Can't wait.

got picked up a bootleg DVD for $5 last week and i wasn't that impressed with this movie at all. it was funny rather than scary IMHO and sarah michelle can't act her way out of a paper bag which didn't help.

was it worth the $5 i spent? proably not since i've only watched it once, but better than spending $10. ;)

I just saw the original Juon. Not the Juon movie that released on R1 DVD a few weeks ago, but the original TV version. Simply brilliant! Character and story development are kept down to just the minimum so that you know who the people are and what's going on, and most of the screen time is reserved for one creepy thing after another. I can definately see scenes in it that inspired scenes in the Grudge, but overall, they're two different stories.

I just saw the original Juon last month...... :huh: .....here....... :huh: .....in my new rented apartement....... :blink: ........in Tokyo.......... :ph34r:

Biggest mistake I`ve ever done probably........the atmosphere is so real (I`m livin in it).......

(Dang, I should ask the landlord first whether some pshyco-freak has been living in my apartement before me).

PS: I should had shot the paperboy here, he posted news at my door 2`clock in the morning.....and I`ve think its the you-know-who :angry:

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago, and hated it.

Which one, the Grudge, or one of the four Juon films?

See, when I saw the Grudge, I liked it. But now that I've seen the original Juon, the Grudge seems kind of lame.

I finally got the rest of the Juon movies. Really looking forward to watching them all.

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago, and hated it.

Which one, the Grudge, or one of the four Juon films?

See, when I saw the Grudge, I liked it. But now that I've seen the original Juon, the Grudge seems kind of lame.

I finally got the rest of the Juon movies. Really looking forward to watching them all.

I saw the Grudge.

But I would like to see the Japanese Version.

I wouldn't be so eager, number 2 is a real stinker.

Which number 2? The TV one? Or the movie one?

I heard that the TV one was't all that great, but hell, I found it on a bittorrent site.

I bought the two theater versions (plus Dark Water, which I hear is very good).

feh i say, children making cat noises isnt scary, ill only see it if its free

If you saw some kid, in real life, meow like that one kid in the movie...you wouldn't be a little freaked out in the least?

feh i say, children making cat noises isnt scary, ill only see it if its free

If you saw some kid, in real life, meow like that one kid in the movie...you wouldn't be a little freaked out in the least?

Yeah, I mean, it's not like he's moving his lips or anything. He opens his mouth like a big "O," and the sounds start pooring out.

The American version relies too much of special effects and what not. The Japanese version relies on timing and atmosphere.