New Macross DYRL fansub

Cowboy17

Yeah Senpai, from what i learned in Japanese, is jsut a term for hiearchy. Jsut some one who is older, more experienced. That sort of thing. "big brother" doesnt cut it. Unless your talking about the Boys and Girls club. Its sort of like your in a frat and your a freshman and what you would call your fellow "brothers" who are in their senior year.

The video quality was great, some of the subtitles went by a little too fast and some of the scenes looked like they were smoothed out. The film had a little bit of dirt n scratches, Mr Kawamori should contract Lucas Arts to restore the film, sound and add extended scenes to make it be Macross: DYRL Special Edition lol

I spot-checked/compared that graphic from the R2 and it is the same.

Edited by treatment

animesuki's listing NLA's DYRL as licensed.

hmmm. this is troubling.  did it slipped under us here at MW?

NLA has on their home page that it isn't NLA

Quite the opposite, they claim credit for it.

Well folks, We're haven't been very active in terms of release lately. I hope this will make things better. Macross: Do You Remember Love? completely done by us. We didnt use other scripts or anything of that sort. I hope you guys like it.

Next, before a bunch of you start emailing me about the Macross: Clash of the Bionoids VHS you saw on some page and asking us why we have turned into warezsubbers, well we haven't. That license has been expired, if you don't believe me...look here. You'll see at the bottom it saids clearly...

"Licensed by: Best Video (License expired)"

does anyone know if the perfect edition dvd is as good as this? i would like to get a copy of a really good quality dvd of dyrl. anybody wanna help me out?

The Perfect Edition DVD is exactly the same, I think. Only the packaging is different.

It has no sub and is not progressive. That's the only drawback. (It's also expensive, but you can always save up.)

I have some screenshots here. I have included the time where I captured the frames if you want to compare to your own video file.

Some examples (go to the link to see 854x480 images; I've disabled hotlinking):

r2_amph_000204tn.jpgr2_amph_000926tn.jpgr2_amph_011240tn.jpgr2_amph_013715tn.jpg

Edited by nhyone

I have the NLA avi release, and teh previous DYRL avi release. the NLA is 2x700 meg avis. Very well done. The previous AVI version i had was 600 for the whole film! The compression was pretty noticeable. The NLA version is quite nice, compression artifacting isnt bad at all really.

Although the FX bootleg perfect edition is visually superior obviously. Although on the FX bootleg version the songs arent subtitled :(

AND it wont play in PC's for some reason.. only regular dvd players.

There's just not enough people seeding.

I still have part 2 seeded, but the strange thing is my files don't seem to get uploaded once my download is complete. I don't know if it's a bug in BitComet 0.56 or not.

It took me 3 full days to download both parts. As usual with BitTorrent, the starting few % was very slow because you got nothing to "trade"! :)

just watched the whole NLA sub again. just renewed my love for this movie. how can anyone NOT LOVE MINMAY?

she just got all kind of dissed all the way through, and had very natural emotional responses to everything - even her jealousy, etc. but her response in the end to decide to sing and back up her convictions shows that she was just as brave as those in the military in her way. power of love baby!

and the subs were an easy read, and the subtitled songs were a plus. it really got you into the movie more - even accurately subbing the parts spoken in english accurately enhanced the flavor of the movie and got you into it.

Is there any place this thing is actually available from? The torrent refuses to connect today, and I don't have a clue how you're supposed to get anything off of IRC. Usenet appears to cost money, so that's out.

What ever happened to FTP servers, for this kind of stuff? Oh yeah, greedy ISPs... <_<

EDIT: Got it. Watching it now. Nice to finally be able to see the first Macross. (Yeah, I know, it's not the series. But still)

Edited by Greyryder

For us, we've always seen sempai as meaning "big brother" or just brother, supposively that's close to what it is, and that's how Hiraku viewed Focker in the original series.

Well, it we did actually consider that. But seriously we're not gonna put "big brother" or "brother". That's just so wrong, no one talks like that.

1) The Japanese talk like that... often they will just call an older male Onii-sama or an older female Onee-sama (Big Brother and Big Sister respectivly). It's a cultural thing... Also usually the Japanese would never call their actual older sibilings by name, as that would be rude without their express permission... they infact do call their older sibilings "Big Brother" or "Big Sister" if they have more then one they usually through the name in front of the title. "Belldandy Onee-sama and Urd Onee-sama" Skuld might say.

though I don't think Senpai should be translated that way... senpai is senpai end of story.

But I also talk that way... I have a friend who is my adopted older sister... and I call her "sis, Big Sis, onee-sama, onee-san, onee-chan" and very rarely by her name...

I'm sad to see Evirus is gone. I used to imagine Minmay was singing about an evil dragon named 'evirus' that was finally slain by the main hero. :D In order to save the world the 'little white dragon' would need to beat the big black dragon known as evirus, using his martial arts techniques.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker