Interest in a 1/72 VF-1D battroid conversion?

Gundamhead

I've had the chance to play a little. Last time I got to play, I did the 1/72 Spider Bug. As I was posting pics of it ready for painting, people requested that I offer it as a kit. I said sure, then sent it off, but never got to finish it for myself.

Soooo, this time before I psyche up to finish a model, I figured I'd ask.

I've been converting a 1/72 Hasagawa VF-1-A-J-S Battroid into a VF-1D Battroid. As you may or may not know, Hasagawa never offered the VF-1D as a Battroid. Anyhoo, it's something I wanted for me.

Right now, I'm letting some parts dry, and figured I'd ask. This is one of those, 'I'm not sure if there'd be interest' kinda conversions. You would need a 1/72 Hasagawa Battroid. This conversion would be about 6-7 parts that would replace parts on the Hasagawa. (Namely head, chest, and back)

There's not a whole lot to see yet, cause it's just parts and I'm still scribing some detail. So there's no pics yet. I wanted to gauge interest before I finish, or set it up to be cast.

Later,

Joe

I've been cutting and carving up some of my old Imai Macross kits to make the chest and head, and modifying parts of the Hasagawa. Carve, glue, putty, scribe, no that ain't it, saw, carve, cut, sand, putty, scribe... :p It's quite a neat little Frankenstein project. B))

Lessee...

1/72 Gerwalk VF-1D, Variable VF-1D, and of course the Hasagawa Battroid.

Hope you will make the heatshield longer, it looks like the lame single seater VF-1D form robotech battlecry...

Check this Vf-1D battroid, the head is sorta ugly but the body is right.

kamae2.jpg

http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/minisaku/ma...nts/02_1db.html

Good work :)

Thanks Ido. B)) I've been going by the line art, and it's very different from Hasagaw's VF-1D. I actually do not like Hasagawa's VF-1D fighter compared to the old kits. I like the shape of the nosecone, but not the canopy. I don't like the tiny 4 chest vents compared to the larger old style. You stare too long at something, and you lose perspective.

I'm big on trying to keep conversions simple, so I didn't lengthen the heatshield, I just altered it. No fuss or muss in replacing the standard shield in the battroid kit. (Otherwise you'd have to do some surgery on the nose cone, and it really ain't worth it cause it's hidden.) I made it look longer by shortening the fuselage hump. You can't tell unless you disassemble it. I'll try to get newer pics soon.

You don't have to lengthen the heat shield. You have to at least carve the panel line down the center and cut into the chest hump and shorten that to achieve the correct VF-1D look.

I have some serious misgivings about using anything other than a Hasegawa piece on a Hasegawa kit. The quality won't be the same, as far as panel lines and details go.

You're doing a great job on that conversion. I'm with LTSO though, no time for more conversions! <_<:p

May be interested if the price is cheap though.

Edited by jardann