Code 3 Star Wars

Graham

Quick question. I have a chance to buy the Code 3 Star Wars X-Wing and Millenium Falcon for US$219 each.

I know this is a fairly good price, but it's still a lot to pay for a toy. Anyway, I just want to ask those MWers that own them are you satisfied with them? Any downside to these toys? Does the paint scratch easily? Are there any parts that are breakage prone?

I'm not really a huge Star Wars fan, although those two ships are my childhood favorites, so it would be nice to own what seems to be the definitive collectible version.

Graham

Well, at $219 you'd make your money back if you wanted to re-sell them. For some reason they seem to be especially popular in the UK, so the next time you go home to visit the parents you can take them with you and make a profit!

They are truly beautiful to look at, but I've never touched one myself. both have removable panels etc and nice display stands.

Now the REAL question is, what will your wife say to blowing US$438??? :blink:

i was just checking Ebay's completed auctions , you can get them cheaper there, i am not sure how often you use ebay but i saw alot of Millenium Falcons with no bids that ended for about $180.00 which may save you some money they had that one as well as the X-wing and a very nice Slave 1 , maybe you should look around first see if you can pick them up a little cheaper Graham, but i have to say they do look very nice

Edit: yea it is true they seem to sell well in the Uk all of those had very high bids.

Edited by zeo-mare

I know I could get them a bit cheaper on ebay, but the shipping costs to HK would be a real killer and would probably make the total cost higher than the price I've found.

The ones I've found for US$219 are actually here in HK near my office, so there's no shipping costs, just go to the shop and pick them up :D

And Guppy, who says my wife would ever know - "Those old things, I've had them in storage for 10 years, just decided to take them out and play with them after watching the Star Wars DVDs" :p .

Just hope she doesn't read this thread :lol: .

Graham

And Guppy, who says my wife would ever know - "Those old things, I've had them in storage for 10 years, just decided to take them out and play with them after watching the Star Wars DVDs" :p .

Just hope she doesn't read this thread :lol: .

Graham

Graham, have you tried the "these are not the toys you're looking for" trick? :lol: