1/60 Pilots (another noob question)

sleddogg83

I actually have two questions that only a noob like me would ask:

1) Why do only select 1/60 come with pilots?

2) What is the small (~1/16 inch in diamter) painted "disk" that is usually found in the tray underneeth the figure when newly opened? Sorry for the criptic question, but that's the best way that I can explain it.

I can answer question one... Simply, when the first few variations of the 1/60 line were released, they just didn't make pilots for them for whatever reason... I don't really know if they didn't think it was important? I know that there was a lot of discussion and ranting here about this, and fortunately the subsequent releases came with pilots.

1/60's w/o pilots

1A max

1A hikaru

1A borwnie

1A TRU brownie

1S roy(non super)

1/60's with pilots

1J sup. hik

1J sup max

1J sup millia

1S strike roy

1D trainer, 2 pilots

VE 2 pilots

VT 2 pilots

the painted disc you speak of....never noticed it. :unsure:

I think something did... those look like screw covers... anyway, I wouldn't really know, I keep my 1/60s way back in the darker corner of my Macross collection.... :D

Yeah you're right. They are covers for the screws. I'll have to find out which ones for sure.

Edited by sleddogg83

This is another 1/60 pilot related question. Has anyone noticed the figure on the SUPER HIKARU box? It's the TV version. But for some reason, the variant came w/ the DYRL? version. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I really never noticed until I got one from EVILPORKCHOP, but can anyone shed some light into this matter? :blink:

I think those screw covers are from the inside of the chest plate somewhere. I noticed them on my 1/60 Max and Miria.

Edited by Draykov