Megaman NT Warrior PET

Hikuro

I made a post about this several months ago about the discovery that Takara developed a PET (Personal Entertainment Terminal) game system much like the ones you see on the popular ultra retro Rockman EXE Axess series.

You basically have different styles to choose from, I believe everyone gets Megaman.......I don't know. And you buy a collection of battle chips and accessories to be just like Netto :p and you find friends and you "Jack in" your PET to theirs and duel using those battle chips you collect.

Just recently Mattle has gone and made the english adaptions of the PET's with Battlechips to start out with, sadly only three. Another lame idea was the one where you have to buy Megaman NT Warrior products in order to get more battle chips.

However, Takara is just pumpin out new styles of PET's like rabbits going at it producing more rabbits, now there are even more styles! Will Mattle release those? Bah how should I know.

However, the Takara brand has more too offer with collectors box of battlechips, a special cargo pack that will carry a number of chips and your PET and you just strap it to your belt. There's also a wrist band which will carry more battlechips if you need 'em....almost like your "Secret stash".

I thought the idea was a great one, letting kids come close to owning their own NetNavi...buuuuuuuutttttttt looking at it sorta reminds me of almost like a mix of TIGER electronic games way back and a hint of Tamagachi pets....only no pets to really take care of I suppose.

I'm not sure if the Japanese versions can mingle with the american...its Mattle and I don't know how well they are at electronics....but hey Yugi fans can rejoice with their own lamer version of the Duel Disc which is all blocky and plastic like....

So here you guys go a lil picture of one of the PET's.

MSRP in the states is 29.99 with 3 battle chips, Japanese MSRP is around 50 dollars and I don't know the chip count.

post-26-1096822873.jpg

Yeah, I don't know... I'm probably the biggest Megaman/Rockman fan on the boards. I mean, I've been playing Megaman since it was first released on the NES. I'm trying to hunt down a PSone copy of Super Adventure Rockman, as it's pretty much the only Rockman/Megaman game I've never played (yes, I've even played Rockboard and the obscure Wonderswan Rockman games). But Rockman.EXE, aka Megaman Battle Network, is too kiddie... and I've got enough vices (I've bought Burnout 3, Demon Stone, SRS, ESPN NHL 2K5, ESPN NBA 25K, X-Men Legends, Star Wars Battlefront, Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded, Megaman X Command Mission, Pokemon Leaf Green, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, just in September). I'm not about to go buying into something like a collectable card game or anything else where I have to keep buying more packs of things like cards or battlechips, so while I'm likely to buy the next Megaman game, Battle Network or otherwise, even if it's as lame as Battle Chip Challenge, I can't say I have even a little interest in buying a PET.

Well that's not all this thing can do....apparently in the accessories listings of the store I very rarely shop at, they have a Battlechip extractor. This thing supposively will take your battle chips and load them information into Megaman Battlenetwork 4 Red Sun and Blue moon for the GBA.

They also have a new PET2 which is a lil more square looking compared to the other vice.

I admit it, these do seem kind of kidish but its something I am into for sure. While I doubt I'll own a PET, I do like TCG's like Duel Monsters (dislike poke'mon) and the idea of something digital like Megaman is nice to see. I've thought once or twice doing the Digimon ones but I could never get into the series itself let alone some of the ideas they had for it.

But I rather enjoy the new Rockman EXE series, espically Axess.

post-26-1096830917.jpg

I would highly doubt it, give SONY maybe 5 more years and I'm sure we'll be seeing that stuff all around.

Personally why it might get catchy in the near future, I think the video games are more than able to content with my "urge" to duel it out with buddies.

Just picked up my own Net Navi today at a local Freddies, retail is 29 dollars, and it works like a lil tamagachi from back in the 90's. You recieve 3 battle chips, the PET Advanced, a battery and a Net Cable to plug in with other players.

You grow your NetNavi aka Megaman by battleing in your PET. It has a motion sensor so if your moving around to much or shaking it violently while in standby, Megaman will detect a virus. You battle the virus with your basic attack or use a battle chip by plug in within the time limit allowed. If you win you gain experince to power up your Navi, if you loose you can not battle for a while. But in standby when shaking it will help recover your Navi faster than letting it do it on its own. Or you can have special items which are "emailed" by your "Navi friends" in order to help make Megaman stronger.

To get more battlechips you must by Megaman products that carry Battlechips. Some products can cost from 5 to 10 dollars pending what your going for. Sometimes the higher priced items will carry the stronger chips.

Starter kits for your Navi will generally include a 10+ power up, a sword chip and heat shot.

Also your Navi will have passwords in order to access some events in its terminal. In order to get the passwords you'll need to be playing Megaman BN4 either Blue Moon or Red Sun.

If you defeat enough viruses you'll get invitations from net Navi pals and duel them for items and experince.

The only versions available now are the Blue and Red framed, but I'm sure Matel will release the others by Takara such as the Bass custom and Advanced Navi 2.0 which is the grey/silver one you see above in the previous posts.

Its really like taking care of a Tamagachi seriously....it can be annoying in the work place.

:ph34r:WARNING Do NOT shake violently like you were mad at a crack baby or something cause it wont shut up. I ruined it :( can't return it either unless all the packaging stuff is still at work....doubtful though.

I got him up to level 2 and a half before the screen got all messed up and couldn't tell what was going on. So don't shake REAL hard....shake moderately and honestly.....heh.... :rolleyes: I was like s haking it REALLY damn hard.

:p 21 and proud of it! And before you say anything, just like it to be noted I'm into this stuff cause I always dreamed of being a hard core gamer of some of my favorite shows....but hey the things working fine after I tweeked it a bit. Opened up the case, fixed the motion sensor and screen a bit and walah!

When I have him turned on and I move like a few feet *BEEP BEEP!*