New Chobits figures...

eriku

Toynami announced their aquisition of the Chobits license some time ago but only recently have they unveiled a first look at Chi.

http://www.toynami.com/chobits.html#

I have to say, they look pretty good for home-grown anime figures. After seeing the Inu Yasha figures I expected Chobits to be a similar disappointment, but I'm pleasently surprised. While not super-articulated, Chi seems to have enough arm movement to allow for some different poses. I'll probably get the whole line if they aren't packaged in super-deluxe magnet-flap boxes and cost $50 a piece. :ph34r:

Something about it just doesn't look right, just like the Inu Yasha figures. That and is that the best dress they could have chosen?

That just looks like ass.... ugh. Toynami figures just look like trash. Those Futurama I-men are about the ugliest things I've ever seen...

How is it so bad? It looks like a 3D representation of the anime charicter to me, she isn't in a silly pose and appears to have good paint applications. Or maybe it's the automatic Toynami = BAD philosophy?

That just looks like ass.... ugh.  Toynami figures just look like trash.  Those Futurama I-men are about the ugliest things I've ever seen...

How is it so bad? It looks like a 3D representation of the anime charicter to me, she isn't in a silly pose and appears to have good paint applications. Or maybe it's the automatic Toynami = BAD philosophy?

It's the face... the face is awful.

Personally, for me, the face is the most important part of the statue/figure/item. If it's not right, or looks close, then it's junk. I refuse to buy it.

As a result, I own no Leia figures from the new PotF Star Wars line. Not a one....