Progress shots of my cannon fodder VF-4

astromanED

So I finally got the chance to continue on with my VF-4. I was'nt gonna post till I was finished, but I'm excited that I got so much progress done and I wanted to show it to you all for cheers or jeers. I got the base coats down and the first level of drybrushing. I know I have to sharpen up some of the lines before I lay down a wash. Ultimatly I'm happy so far. I'm building up my confidance before I handle the canopy, I've been concerned about that for a while. I'm not so experienced with vacuformed canopies. Anyway here you go.

post-3-1095558555_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I was soo paranoid about doing this cockpit. I dedicated half my modeling day to putting it together. My lack of experience with vacuformed cockpits reared its ugly head put was easily tamed with elmers glue and a toothpick. I am very proud of my first vacuformed cockpit. when I show it to my chums, like a proud school kid, I must point out that its my first.

post-3-1101160708_thumb.jpg

Here's the last one until I get my base. I urge modellers to seek out this kit, it's a welcomed change from VF-1's and super sleek, but most importantly fun to put together. One last note I'm still struggeling with adding the cannon. what do you all think? it's a sweet looking cannon but I feel it may take away from the sleekness

post-3-1101160913_thumb.jpg

Very nice build.

Is the canopy frame painted on or is it decals? I used decals, because the fit wasn't so good on mine (the second attempt was at least usable). The canopy itself was good, but I screwed up cutting it. I would recommend putting the cannon on, a Valkyrie just looks incomplete without a gun pod or weapons rack. I used 2 racks of 4 bombs, plus underwing and wingtip missiles.