1/3000 Takatoku SDF-1

ghiblione

Hello everyone, I'm a new one here.

I saw a 1/3000 Takatoku SDF-1 who costs $665. It's really expensive!!

I want to know if it's really worth so much?

A Matchbox version is maybe $200. :unsure:

Taka used to be worth $500-600. However, recently, the price has drop to around $400 for mint and goes lower based on the condition.

But, who knows, the number of Taka in the world is very limited, compare to Matchbox, hence the price might appreciate in the future.

No one knows. But now, the price you stated is pretty high.

There is a top-condition Taka for sale in http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10719

It's a wee bit expensive than the prices you have given up. :p

A Matchbox version is maybe $200. :unsure:

I personally feel that the Matchbox version is better. It doesn't have those stupid "launchers" on the Deadelous (my spelling is wrong) and Prometheus as well as the main gun.

Save some cash and get the better one.

The launchers sold me on the Takatoku 1/3000 over the Bandai/Matchbox version. I've got both, but I much prefer the Takatoku one because they can launch planes. The ability to launch planes off the Prometheus...how can that make it worse? That being said, do I think the ability to launch planes off the prometheus is worth 400 bucks? Probably not to the masses...but I'm quite sure it's worth it to XSToys...hell he's probably got versions with variants with planes that have macross symbols engraved into the wings. :p

The launchers sold me on the Takatoku 1/3000 over the Bandai/Matchbox version. I've got both, but I much prefer the Takatoku one because they can launch planes. The ability to launch planes off the Prometheus...how can that make it worse? That being said, do I think the ability to launch planes off the prometheus is worth 400 bucks? Probably not to the masses...but I'm quite sure it's worth it to XSToys...hell he's probably got versions with variants with planes that have macross symbols engraved into the wings. :p

"I sense a tremor in the force..."

Why drag me into this? But if you must know, yes, I do have both Takatoku & Matchbox versions MIB. :p:D:lol:

.... I much prefer the Takatoku one because they can launch planes. The ability to launch planes off the Prometheus...how can that make it worse? ....

Big yellow plastic pins sticking out of the deck of both and the booms of the cannon that are there to fire out of scale big yellow plastic lame looking "plane" things which could be substituted for breathmints. :rolleyes:

Dude, you are a guy who has been a fan of Macross for as long as me. You love the Taka one because you loved it as a kid. You are emotionally attached because it is the classic one, no other reason.

.... I much prefer the Takatoku one because they can launch planes. The ability to launch planes off the Prometheus...how can that make it worse?  ....

Big yellow plastic pins sticking out of the deck of both and the booms of the cannon that are there to fire out of scale big yellow plastic lame looking "plane" things which could be substituted for breathmints. :rolleyes:

Dude, you are a guy who has been a fan of Macross for as long as me. You love the Taka one because you loved it as a kid. You are emotionally attached because it is the classic one, no other reason.

"YOu could not be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful." Russ on Friends. Sorry, this episode was on today. HAHAHA. The canon thing shooting those bullets, those I don't care for. But I do like the fact that you can launch those planes. It looks like I may like the Taka version for the same reason I choose the CM over the Yammies. I don't mind the pegs that stick out a little. I think the ability to launch them little planes adds to the playability of the SDF1 as a toy. The toy can't do much else besides transform. Maybe you just want to have the SDF1 so you can have it sit on a shelf or something. If only I had a nickel for everytime I've taken out my taka and launched them lil planes... I show my friends that it launches the planes cuz I think it's so cool that it does. So maybe I'm in the minority. I'm surprised I'm the only one who likes the Taka version for its playability. I guess everyone else here who has the Taka likes it for nostalgic reasons...well except for XSToys. He just buys everything cuz he can. Wait...did I already play the XSToys card already on this thread?

Edited by phatslappy