Line Art

briscojr84

I was just wondering if any body has run across some line art for Macross 0 yet, such as the Arleigh Burke, The Asuka II, Octos, The AUN Carrier Sub, and a few of the others.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Josh

There has been very little lineart published from Macross Zero so far.

There is some lineart in the booklets that come with the original R2 DVDs.

Also, there is quite a lot of lineart of the mecha and characters in the Hobby Japan April 2003 issue. See also the June 2004 issue for Octos lineart Also, check out the October 2003 and November 2003 issues of Dengeki Hobby magazine for lineart of the Cheyenne and VF-0S w/reactive armor.

You can also try the gallery sections of the official Big West Macross Zero site and the official Bandai Visual Macross Zero site.

Other sources include MAHQ and Nanashi's.

Graham

For the Arleigh Burke class, there's PLENTY of real-life sources out there. For obvious reasons, the Cole is the most heavily photographed one. http://www.hazegray.org/features/cole/ Great detail pics in the "repair" gallery.

Though, I don't remember if the Burke's in Macross are Flight I, II, or IIA. (Cole is one of the last Flight I)

Good place to start: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...ship/ddg-51.htm

Edited by David Hingtgen

Thanks guys, appreciate it greatly.

I can't use Nanashi though, since I want to use the pics for my own site.

As for MAHQ, I've tried saving pics from their site [which I have asked permission in the past to do this], but for some reason they keep saving as .art files which my computer keeps saying are invalid .jpg files and I can't open them up.

Does anybody know why this would happen.

Thanks for any help.

Josh

Edited by briscojr84

Unfortunately, the store I work in has AOL 9.0 and whatever they are using now for a browser.

Unfortunately it does do it when trying to save pictures from websites.

I tried the .art to .jpg thing while typing this and it didn't work.

Okay never mind I just tried something I hadn't thought of, although if someone can tell me how to take screenshots of the web pages since I have absolutely no clue on how to do it.

ART is AOL's own extension (not your standard .art extension), auto-compression of ALL images (gif/bmp/jpg) for the cache. To get rid of it, you have to go into AOL and switch the IE preferences to "never compress". AOL compression is it's own menu-tab on IE' main preference setting. But it'll only show up if you go in via AOL's own settings, then web prefs. Won't show up if you launch IE then change prefs, even though the effect still happens.

If you do that, you'll end up with a .jpg or gif or whatever, but of *much* lower quality than the original. .ART is not merely a new format, it is a highly compressed format with major loss of image quality. It's not an MP3 of a CD, it's like a 11khz 4-bit mono WAV file of a CD...