MIM's VF-4 resin kit (what happened?)

godfather

We were also hyped about their model release until one of our members,Valkyrie, made a recast of the original 1/72 club-M which became available, lower cost and most likely a better recast than the one offered by MiM.

Ack... you mean MIM has taken payment for thier VF-4 orders and hasn't shipped them??  That really sucks!

If they were still showing up as pre-orders on thier web site, it might be a little different... but that's unacceptable!  :angry:

They have not processed payment of my order. Uh... at least, I don't think so. :unsure::::rushes to review credit card statements:::

I finally got a reply to my emails yesterday, but it appears that MIM does not keep very good records. Even though I gave them my order #, they still asked for my name and what I had ordered. :rolleyes:

The VF-4 is no longer showing up at MIM's website, so I'd hazzard a guess that they dropped the kit like a hot potato. Good think I got the VF-4's from you 1st. :D

Not much to do now but wait 'till they reply again.

Contacted MIM via phone but couldn't get anywhere with the dude who answered. :rolleyes: Fortunately, my last email got answered today and they say the kit will be shipping this week. <_<

It's a shame their customer service is so handicapped. Their model selection is ok, and sometimes they have gems but if everytime I use them I'll have to go thru this brouhaha makes me wonder why bother.

Now it's more waiting to see if it's really true they're shipping. :unsure:

Edited by godfather

Monsters in Motion is a joke... those guys define un-professionalism. Never return emails and very unhelpful on the phone. Stick with Valkyrie's VF-4... just for the customer service and to support our own macrossworlder!

I can't speak for MiM, but I'll second that Valkyrie did a fantastic job with his Club M VF-4 recast. It couldn't have been a more pleasant experience, and the quality of the recast was just spectacular. It really showed how much work he put into this, and if you get the chance, I highly recommend getting a hold of one of these. I'm just afraid to build it yet because I really want to do it justice, but don't trust myself just yet ...

Well, after pestering the hella out of MIM by phone & email I got my kits today. :)

The MIM VF-4s are recasts of the RETPPU vinyl VF-4 kit. They included some nice decals (main markings only), and the resin is of good quality with no visible flaws, flash or bubbles.

What a shame that MIM has such poor customer service when their products are normally unique and cool. Next time I'll think thrice before ordering from them. <_<

Well, after pestering the hella out of MIM by phone & email I got my kits today. :)

The MIM VF-4s are recasts of the RETPPU vinyl VF-4 kit. They included some nice decals (main markings only), and the resin is of good quality with no visible flaws, flash or bubbles.

What a shame that MIM has such poor customer service when their products are normally unique and cool. Next time I'll think thrice before ordering from them. <_<

Wow...and thats a pretty pricey recast for an original thats still pretty cheap...it would have been nicer if they had done the Musisaya or Club M instead...

Cool, glad to hear they finally delivered.

I'd be interested to see some pics :)

The main assemblies are not that different.

I'll try to take some piccys this weekend and post them here. Any specific parts you'd like to see close or just the whole enchilada? :)