Gundam F-91 Release Date

Anubis

Finally a date for F-91 has been revealed by the Bandai New Title Solicitations:

Mobile Suit Gundam F-91 - 118 minutes - $29.98 - 11/09/2004

UC Gundam Movie Pack - 616 minutes - $69.98 - 11/09/2004

Now we need a date for Zeta.

The Movie Pack has

-Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy

-Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack

-Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Miller's Report

Edited by Anubis

I guess the movie pack isn't too bad of a deal, but c'mon... $30 for a DVD? Why is anime so behind the times?

Mojority of anime discs are 30 bucks MSRP, others are 25. It's been getting a lot better except for two cetain studios (Viz and Fumimation) who like to put huge 50+ episode series on 3 episodes a disc spanning into infinity.

You'll find a $30 MSRP title for $18-22 on pre-order online.

I shall now direct you over to rightstuf.com for your anime needs.

Bandai confirmed Zeta for the end of the year not long ago, and there's no way they'll miss Christmas on it. Hopefully there'll be a date soon.

F-91 cover art.

post-26-1093418972.jpg

The movie box sounds interesting, but I already own them all, plus the original packaging on CCA & 0079 wouldn't be done justice in this combination set. Nice price for those who don't own them yet though.

Ãœber cool news: like a lot of people, I look for an official F91 release since a long time. It seems my patience will finally be rewarded :)

The Movie Pack thing is interesting aswell but the only one missing in my collection is CCA and I'm not interested into Miller's Report (saw a bootleg, don't think it really adds to the story IMO...) therefore I'll not buy it but it's a good opportunity to get all of them in once. Btw, is it necessary to have watched Zeta and ZZ to get everything from CCA or are they 'independent' stories? :huh:

Btw, is it necessary to have watched Zeta and ZZ to get everything from CCA or are they 'independent' stories? :huh:

No, the only bearing that the original series, Z, or ZZ have on CCA is that the characters have history with each other, and it is mentioned in one line of the film.

You can watch CCA, and totally get it without having seen Z or ZZ.

Btw, is it necessary to have watched Zeta and ZZ to get everything from CCA or are they 'independent' stories?  :huh:

No, the only bearing that the original series, Z, or ZZ have on CCA is that the characters have history with each other, and it is mentioned in one line of the film.

You can watch CCA, and totally get it without having seen Z or ZZ.

Thx for the info :)

It's worth noting that Bandai have yet again dropped the ball.

Remember how F-91 was meant to be a two disk special edition? It's only going to be one disk, featureless. Non-anamorphic as well.

Well, to be honest I wasn't sure how they were going to be able to pull off a special edition considering that the existence of extra footage has never really been confirmed.

All that we know is that F91 was originally to be a series or at least an OVA, but that it was changed to a movie.

IF there was unused footage, then I could see a special edition, but lacking cut scenes, director's commentary, behind the scenes, etc, all you would be left with would be maybe some soundtrack stuff, and lots of lineart and stills, which would make for a pretty lame special edition IMHO.

I just don't think there's enough source material for F91 out there.

While its not necessary to see Zeta to enjoy CCA, it add's a major extra level too it. If you don't watch Zeta first, at least watch CCA again after seeing Zeta.

As for F-91, was the bootleg anamorphic widescreen? And did it have both versions of the film?

While its not necessary to see Zeta to enjoy CCA, it add's a major extra level too it. If you don't watch Zeta first, at least watch CCA again after seeing Zeta.

Yep, this is more or less what I planned to do... :)