Funny movie site. 100 worst movies of all time

GobotFool

What about Alien Resurrection??? that has to be the worst!!! followed by Hulk, Spiderman, Daredevil and all the comic crap.

uh... you haven't seen very many movies have you?

I would gladly watch any of those movies 10 times for every 1 viewing of 2001: A Space Oddessey(sp)... Biggest. Snoozefest. Ever.

Spiderman rocked!!! 2001: A Space Oddessey: Wake me up when it's over.

2001 was good up until the ending. Never cared for the "we don't know what to do next, so let's just confuse everyone with psychadelia" school of film making.

As for that site, not a single one of the films they listed that I would disagree with. The only one I even remotely question is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes because I wonder if a movie that's intentionally bad should really qualify.

Edited by JELEINEN

What about Alien Resurrection??? that has to be the worst!!! followed by Hulk, Spiderman, Daredevil and all the comic crap.

I would gladly watch any of those movies 10 times for every 1 viewing of 2001: A Space Oddessey(sp)... Biggest. Snoozefest. Ever.

Try reading the book, I'm with you that 2001 is quite borig, if you read the book a lot of things make sense, but to read an entire book for such a boring movie is not worth... 2010 is way more entertaining, in any case I mentiones Alien resurrection 'cause it's a complete POS, such movie should be burned with the director... what a looser.....

Try reading the book, I'm with you that 2001 is quite borig, if you read the book a lot of things make sense, but to read an entire book for such a boring movie is not worth... 2010 is way more entertaining, in any case I mentiones Alien resurrection 'cause it's a complete POS, such movie should be burned with the director... what a looser.....

don't bother... Max can't be turned... lol...

I love 2001.

Just because something is slow don't mean it's bad. It's rather hard to compare 2001 to Cobra or Stop or my Mom will Shoot.

[HAL]"What are you doing, Sly?"[/HAL]

Seriously though, you could probably flesh out an entire bottom 100 list just using the stinkers from the Sly Stallone and Burt Reynolds catalog.

Cop and a Half? Stick? Rent-A-Cop? Gator? Burt may be the Bandit, but he's in some awful films.

For the record, I consider 2001: A Space Odyssey to be the best sci/fi film ever made.

Edited by Blaine23

I agree with Blaine23, some slow movies that are well made feel long because they are deliberately paced. As one may suspect living in our kind of society, most film audiences can't handle long, slower paced films. However, that certainly doesn't mean they are bad films. In the case of 2001: A Space Odyssey, Unbreakable, Heat, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, and other such films, the pace is slower than your traditional film to build upon certain concepts not present in lesser films of shorter length.

By most standards 2001: A Space Odyssey was very slow and plodding. Even as a fan, I enjoy the second half of the film much more than the first. But 2001 deals with a lot of very interpretive, existential themes that encourage the viewer to really think about what is happening onscreen. Even given the generous amount of time for the introduction, some viewers still don't seem able to connect the monolith with the advance of the mankind when they start using a simple tool, a direct result of the monolith's appearance. The now-infamous jump cut itself throws off a lot of people who aren't paying attention. Regardless, I understand the film is not for everyone, but that can be said of a lot of films. My parents have never really enjoyed a single science fiction film in their lives, yet it's an entire genre of film unto itself.

The ending of 2001 was a bit contraversial I admit. But try to look at it from the director's perspective and accept the special effects limitations of the time. It was Kubrick's intention to have the gate travel appear very unconventional and bizarre. He wanted the audience to experience the same feelings of unease, confusion, and total euphoria that Dave Bowman was experiencing. Humans have never travelled outside of their solar system nor used any form of FTL travel. The experience of a primitive human going through that would be quite traumatizing. Thus we see a lot of weird imagery. It's not an attempt to be weird for the sake of weird.

I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is certainly worth watching a few times. Especially just to consider the implications of the fiction. I like the film quite a bit now that I'm a little older and I think people should give it a try.