1/60 GBP on 1D Trainer

aaajin

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a VF-1D trainer to put a GBP armor on it. However, I'm not sure whether the armor will fit in.. :unsure:

I'm pretty sure someone else posted a pic. of this before (a 1D in GBP) but I couldn't find it anymore now.. <_<

I'm seeking advice from more-experienced members about this matter.

Thanks,

aaajin

The only fit problem I see with placing the GBP armor on the VF-1D is the heat shield piece. If you look at the 1D, the back pack is the same as other VFs, same arms, same legs and hips; thus, all the pieces should fit. The only differences between the 1D and the 1A, 1J, and 1S are the chest plate (should not prove a problem for the GBP chest armor) and the heat shield piece that comes with the GPB has a slot that corresponds with a peg on the armor (this is the hang-up as this heat shield will not fit the 1D; however, if you leave off the heat shield piece, the armor should be able to just hang over the chest, but it will be floppy).

PS: The above is not an endorsement to buy a VF-1D. You should only buy the trainer if you like the design; buying it specifically to mount a GBP is not a good idea.

PPS: You've made me curious. I'm going to have to give this a try just to find out if would be possible to mount the GBP on the VF-1D.

PPPS: Even if it proves impossible to mount the GBP on the 1D, it still can wear the fast packs, or just sit there unadorned; it's a good looking toy regardless.