Paths of Hate

Jefuemon

Yeah awesome stuff, got to see this together with Redline at the PiX Film Festival last year. Really had my adrenaline pumping. The attention to detail in the planes is amazing. You can see every rivet on the canopy.

They're doing some really good animation in Poland. They had a very cool animated film on Polish history at the Shanghai Expo last year.

So is that what's referred to as cell-shading, for the technique? Pretty twisted--but pretty good. Intensity's been cranked up to "11," eh?

1:25 - 1:39: nice rolling scissors sequence. May just be coincidence, but certain elements bring to mind other animations I've seen before; perhaps they've inspired the creators? First thing that popped into my mind was Running Man, from waaaay back, the days of Liquid Television on MTV [men pushing selves & machines to the point of destruction, and beyond]. Then there was the whole corpse-pilot vibe, brought Heavy Metal immediately to mind. The bail-out "gunfight" had a John Woo feel to it [LOL, someone in Poland is trolling our msg boards! didn't someone suggest that very scenario for a hypothetical Woo-esque tale of the Flying Tigers for the big screen? :p ]

Edited by reddsun1