Diorama Madness!!!

tundrayeti

Okay everyone here it is! Some of the members on this forum have helped me develop this and it's finally here! I have seen a lot of people admiring others work and wishing that there were certain items available in the scale that they like to collect in. After thinking about this, I got the idea to offer some standard panels for those that want a nice way to display their models without breaking their wallets. What i have come up with are these 16" x 16" panels that can be used to make your diorama stand out. I have posted some pics of the prototype. I will be offering the standard panels for $25 each and for $50 I will be offering the standard set which will include a wall panel, a floor panel (of your choice) and 2 support columns that are in the pictures below. I will b e offering different styles and pieces. I can add personnel doors in your desired scale if you like for no charge. Custom orders and designs are highly encouraged. It may be a little more but i will give a quote and allow you to preview your design before fabrication and delivery. Please feel free to pm me with any questions. as always opinions are most welcome.

I will be continually adding to this effort soon I will be offering hangar bay door accessories and eventually some greeble packs to add detail to your diorama.

also down the road will be 3D cnc modeling so keep posted!!!

(forgive the quality of some of the photos my camera is acting up)

post-7782-1269831951_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832015_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832042_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832077_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832113_thumb.jpg[atta

c

hment=76918:S6301059.JPG]

post-7782-1269832145_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti

and here are my design drawing for the panels i have so far. Please add suggestion or give ideas I can add to future panel designs.

there are also design drawing for the upcoming hangar bay door inserts and of course the different support columns

additional columns can be added for $4 each. the small supports cantilevers will be $1 each. i will throw in 2 small cantilevers (pictured above) free with each order upon request!

Thanks to all who helped me with this project!

post-7782-1269832513_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832532_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832552_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832587_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1269832604_thumb.jpg

post-7782-1269832618_thumb.jpg

Will they come painted? lol lmk I'm down for a few .. and when I mean a few .. i really mean a few.. miriya knows what i'm talking about..

Like a few dozen probably! Kicker773 has an army of valks to house Yeti !

Will they come painted? lol lmk I'm down for a few .. and when I mean a few .. i really mean a few.. miriya knows what i'm talking about..

They will not come painted, unfortunately. for the photos i used a wash just to make the panel lines pop out. For my own purposes, i used a simple primer gray and then a clear coat with a wash. If you really want them painted though i'm sure we could work something out. Like I said this process is highly customizable so if you have an idea in your head, let's try to bring it to life! Stay posted I will be showing off Miriya's custom design soon!

They will not come painted, unfortunately. for the photos i used a wash just to make the panel lines pop out. For my own purposes, i used a simple primer gray and then a clear coat with a wash. If you really want them painted though i'm sure we could work something out. Like I said this process is highly customizable so if you have an idea in your head, let's try to bring it to life! Stay posted I will be showing off Miriya's custom design soon!

SWEET!!! I am so excited!!!!

okay here are some more detail shots. Had to do one with a battroid. also some closeups of the cantilevers and some sraight shots of the panels. The idea with the catwalks is that you can add catwalks, pipes or other details. basically it's up to your imagination.

post-7782-1270001130_thumb.jpg post-7782-1270001171_thumb.jpg post-7782-1270001206_thumb.jpg

post-7782-1270001286_thumb.jpg post-7782-1270001322_thumb.jpg

And these photos are for Miriya. Well first off there are your floor panels. I had to divide them up so that the machine had extra room. but as you can see from the pics that when they are put together, you can't even see the seam. Also there are photos of your bay doors. hope you approve and enjoy!!

post-7782-1270001659_thumb.jpg post-7782-1270001697_thumb.jpg post-7782-1270001730_thumb.jpg

post-7782-1270001766_thumb.jpg post-7782-1270001801_thumb.jpg

Congrats Yeti!!!!

These panels are looking great and I see you already have a few people interested in them. B))

I'll put in some plugs for you, spread the word a little more and see if I can get you more leads / Customers.

Anyways kudos to you and don't forget to check your (personal) e-mail. I sent you a reply.

Blue

Congrats Yeti!!!!

These panels are looking great and I see you already have a few people interested in them. B))

I'll put in some plugs for you, spread the word a little more and see if I can get you more leads / Customers.

Anyways kudos to you and don't forget to check your (personal) e-mail. I sent you a reply.

Blue

Thanks Blue!

I got yours all packed up and ready to go. Just send me the word

Okay everyone! here are some quick photos of the greebles i did this weekend as well as the 3d hatch that i did for Miriya's custom layout. This design allows for the doors to be displayed in either the open or closed position. the greebles are a little rough, but i'm still cleaning them up.

post-7782-1271122057_thumb.jpg post-7782-1271122187_thumb.jpg post-7782-1271122373_thumb.jpg

post-7782-1271122098_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti

Okay everyone! jere are some quick photos of the greebles i did this weekend as well as the 3d hatchwat i did for Miriya's custom layout. This design allows for the doors to be displayed in either the open or closed position. the greebles are a little rough, but i'm still cleaning them up.

post-7782-1271122057_thumb.jpg post-7782-1271122187_thumb.jpg post-7782-1271122373_thumb.jpg

Damn Yeti these are looking awesome man!! Keep up the great work and keep us all posted.

Oh ya and also I will be picking up the panels today from the post office (sadly I wasn't home

for the delivery so I got a "sorry we missed you" card and will have to wait till later to get them)

lol that sucks but I will be sure to send ya some kudos and anything else I can think of when I get

the panels in my hands.

Blue :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like I'm going to be at wonderfest to see how well my panels do. I'm currently building a display that incorporates some new ideas. New supports and I added an explosion door in the floor for ammunition, etc. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

post-7782-1272337902_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1272337880_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1272337855_thumb.jpgpost-7782-1272337831_thumb.jpg

That looks awesome Yeti.

I have been meaning to post some pics here but I dont have a camera anymore and my GF took hers home with my preped pieces pics that I was going to post. I was going to do the primer coats today but drama and work got in the way! I have all the paints and hope to bust out soon. I wil post here within the week hopefully.

Just a quick update. Here are some of the greebles I have been working on. These are available as a set of 3 for $5. If there are any questions please ask. I will be sure to post an update on the Wonderfest display soon, just doing some paint and detail work.

post-7782-1272943954_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have been busy preparing for Wonderfest. I will be there displaying (and of course selling) my panels. Anyone who is coming stop by and see me. I finished my display yesterday but due to the site maintainence, I couldn't post this till now. here are the pictures of my display piece that I will be using to showcase my stuff. It's not quite finished yet, (my one greeble needs reattached) but all i have to do is weather it a bit. So let me know what you think.

post-7782-127363557899_thumb.jpgpost-7782-127363565026_thumb.jpgpost-7782-127363572072_thumb.jpgpost-7782-127363578163_thumb.jpgpost-7782-127363583921_thumb.jpgpost-7782-127363593383_thumb.jpgpost-7782-127363598054_thumb.jpg

OMG!!!!

That is so awesome Yeti!!!!! Great build up with all those lights! I think next time I will commission you to build my next one. Still working on mine and it is not nearly as cool as that. I will post some progress pics in a minute....

Here are some progress pics from the custom diorama pieces that Yeti made me.

med_gallery_4840_100_828452.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_1213155.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_404708.jpg

So it is still a work in progress. I am adding a little bit more detail and still need to glue the parts together. I learned a lot from this build though already. Next time I am going to use more primer and make sure it gets in those deep panel lines before I add my main coats. From the pics here you cant see but there are bits of white showing through some of the panel lines because I was impatient with my painting. So now I am hand lining which is really time consuming. Ill make sure to post more progress pics when I have them. It has been a lot of fun building this I have to say.

Anyone who is even considering getting a diorama kit from Yeti I highly recommend it. Just send him a PM, dont be shy. . .

Okay kids... So I just "finished" this sucker up. I have just inhaled more CA glue than I have ever done before. Here are some new pics...

med_gallery_4840_100_895093.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_709949.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_278053.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_1346851.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_103372.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_592764.jpg

I am really happy with it. The doors open by the way. Not mechanically (yet) but manually.

Well Wonderfest Went really well! This idea seems to really be well accepted and I will be back next year with more ideas and more stuff. To all my fellow MWFer's that came in an introduced themselves thanks! always nice to put a face with the name. Thor and I will be collaborating for next year so keep an eye out for his stuff too It's very impressive. There will be more diorama item and kits for next year in addition to the standard panels. Anyone who would like to offer suggestions as to what they would like to see, Please make yourself heard.

Okay I am all rested up from Wonderfest. I have already sent out some orders for people that requested some stuff before Wonderfest. Now it's time to get ready for next year. Thor and I already have some stuff in mind and each project will have it's own thread. One of the things we are going top attempt is the Gallant H90 sidearm from Mospeada. This kit will not only consist of the pistol, but all the attachments to make it into the rifle as well. We are also considering making my display into a kit since it generated so much intrest. Also look for the SC-27 stargoose the the VC-33 mom's kitchen coming out this year. Thor will be offering his various bombs and accessories. What I would like from the members of this forums is ideas. What would you guys like to see? What is that one item that you have always wanted but could never obtain. I'm open to destroids and valks, but mainly stuff like support equipment, support vehicles, etc. the stuff that you would really like to see but none of the big names will touch. No idea is too small. so let's get crazy and see what we can come up with.

• 5 weeks later...

Well due to popular demand, and inquiry, my Wonderfest display will now being offered as a kit. The dimensions are 16 inches wide by 16 inches deep by 12 inches high. The kit comes with your choice of 16"x16" diorama panel (see above for design photos) , 1 side wall, one wall with your choice of door design, 4 supports and 4 greebles. There will also be a support base made of 1/4" thick plastic to add support to the walls and floor. I am also offering included with the kit an added door option. The buyer can choose any scale and a style they want and I will add in a personel door wherever they choose. I can also add things like doors and hatchways for a small additional cost. The kit will not have lights included, but i can help you with that if interested.

The kit is going for $90, (plus shipping) but thats a lot of stuff for the price. If anyone is interested PM me. Custom work is always avaliable, the door styles can be seen below or if you have your own, that can easily be added.

post-7782-127746995167_thumb.jpg

Well due to popular demand, and inquiry, my Wonderfest display will now being offered as a kit. The dimensions are 16 inches wide by 16 inches deep by 12 inches high. The kit comes with your choice of 16"x16" diorama panel (see above for design photos) , 1 side wall, one wall with your choice of door design, 4 supports and 4 greebles. There will also be a support base made of 1/4" thick plastic to add support to the walls and floor. I am also offering included with the kit an added door option. The buyer can choose any scale and a style they want and I will add in a personel door wherever they choose. I can also add things like doors and hatchways for a small additional cost. The kit will not have lights included, but i can help you with that if interested.

The kit is going for $90, (plus shipping) but thats a lot of stuff for the price. If anyone is interested PM me. Custom work is always avaliable, the door styles can be seen below or if you have your own, that can easily be added.

I just gotta know will the hanger doors open airlock style(hhe love that stuff). I mean i was blown away with the LED lighting (which by the way are you going to have a orange caution light like the ones they have on forklifts)I just think this is one of the more ambitious builds hats off to you dude.

I just gotta know will the hanger doors open airlock style(hhe love that stuff). I mean i was blown away with the LED lighting (which by the way are you going to have a orange caution light like the ones they have on forklifts)I just think this is one of the more ambitious builds hats off to you dude.

The Hangar doors will open.i came up with a way to allow the builder to do that. check out Miriya's custom the doors can be placed in any position. I also will make you your own design. Miriya is designing his own hangar door right now and once complete will be turned over to me to make it happen.

• 1 month later...