Mowe's Photoshop Bash-kit Jobs

Mowe

I can't bash-kit and scult like Ryuji. I can't scratch built like honneamise. And certainly can't do step by step like Master Cheng.

But I like Photoshop. Having seen how the pros bash-kit with models, I thought may be PhotoShop Bash-Kit could be my thing.

So here they are. Hopefully I'll have time in the future to do more!!!

By the way, if any of you have wicked ideas, fantasy, or challenges for me, post here, if I have time, I'll give it ago. Or post yours here if you like abit of photoshop fun. :D

First up: Walking Minmay Pinky (Ryuji Bask-Kit Style)

Before:................After:

post-3608-1149516594_thumb.jpg post-3608-1149516643_thumb.jpg

Thanks to the Samurai Monkey and his friend for the idea. I love how Ryuji slaves his Auska kits into sexy Minmay, well, this is the closet I'll ever be to the master:rolleyes: .

Edited by Mowe

Second Up: Misato (Plug Suit Version)

Before:......After

post-3608-1149516786.jpg post-3608-1149516827_thumb.jpg

Chowser, this one is for you. :D

If you look carefully, I've given Misato abit of a "tuck", so to speak. Auska's boobs are too green for a real woman like Misato...he..he..Having gone through this surgical procedure, I can honestly say I envy boob surgeons, that was so much fun :rolleyes: .

Edited by Mowe

Thanks Big F, I thought you would be another Misato's fan.

OK, next up. This time I gave the chicks abit of rest and tried a Macross mecha. I am still annoyed by Yamato's VF-0S not being able to do kick ass pose. So I am taking matters to my own hands.

Yamato 1/60 VF-0S (Kick Ass Pose)

Before:.................Progress 1...........Progress 2..........Progress 3.............

post-3608-1149610181_thumb.jpg post-3608-1149610211_thumb.jpg post-3608-1149774292.jpgpost-3608-1171801959_thumb.jpg

This process was inspired by the making of Howel's Moving Castle. I was very suprised how simple their CG animation technique was (well, theoritically simple anyway). With this technique, the possibilit is limitless.

Bear in mind these are still work in progress. I stuff up the lighting when I took pics of the VF-0S parts. But you can see how effective this technique can be. Keep watching this thread, hopefully I'll get a chance to polish it further in the near fyutre :D

Edit: Progress 2: balanced general lighting levels; refined rough edges; filled gaps; adjusted proportion and did abit of anime cheating to make the shoulder works;

Edit: Progress 3: detail works to the legs - panel lining; decals; weathering; material mapping; adjusted the proportion of the legs to give them a more robust appearance; added the accent yellow to the fin and socket to provide a bit of contrast to the very plain white; did another colour balance adjustment to get rid of that "pink' glow.

Edited by Mowe

VF-0S Photoshop Bash kit updated on Post #5: Progress 2

Progress 2 update: Balanced general lighting levels; refined rough edges; filled gaps; adjusted proportion; removed some "plastic toy" features (such as screw holes, joint gaps); did a bit of anime cheating on the shoulder (the right hip/hing still looks funny).

Future plans: apply decals; panel lining; & weathering.

• 8 months later...

VF-0S Photoshop Bash-Kit updated: see Post #5 of this thread

Progress 3 update: Detail features such as weathering, panel lining, decals, etc., are added to the lower body.

After a long break from this project, I felt like resuming it and trying out a few more new techniques I learned from work. Veru happy with the weathering effects, particularly the wearing off of paints on the front foot.

The panel effect is done by mapping art works I took from "Tenjin Hidetaka Art Works of Macross Valkyries" and a few of the details of Master Chen's VF-0S model. The maps are then contrasted and balanced to give a uniform ligting treatment. Here are some of the original mapping images I used for the panel design:

[attachmentid=40570][attachmentid=40571][attachmentid=40572]

Next Update: weathering and panel works to the upper body :D .

post-3608-1171802166_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1171802196_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1171802256_thumb.jpg

VF-0S Photoshop Bash-Kit updated: see Post #5 of this thread

Progress 3 update: Detail features such as weathering, panel lining, decals, etc., are added to the lower body.

After a long break from this project, I felt like resuming it and trying out a few more new techniques I learned from work. Veru happy with the weathering effects, particularly the wearing off of paints on the front foot.

The panel effect is done by mapping art works I took from "Tenjin Hidetaka Art Works of Macross Valkyries" and a few of the details of Master Chen's VF-0S model. The maps are then contrasted and balanced to give a uniform ligting treatment. Here are some of the original mapping images I used for the panel design:

[attachmentid=40570][attachmentid=40571][attachmentid=40572]

Next Update: weathering and panel works to the upper body :D .

Looking good still :D