A Couple of Our Guys?

Mechamaniac

OK, check out the link, it's funny as hell...

http://clanid.gamedaemons.net/id.swf

But after watching it for the fifteenth time, I realized some commonalities in the video.

California

Kids playing anime card game

Kids with airsoft rifles...

Macross Worlders perhaps?.

If not, then this was just a cheap plug so that you would all watch the vid, and laugh hopefully as much as I have.

Yeah, this probably screams longest thread but since we don't seem to have one yet...

Kids? Those guys looked a little too old to be playing collectable cards and airsoft... but ironically they are just old enough to be doing those things if they are still living at home in mom's basement like it appears from that garage scene. :lol:

... they need to move up to big boy Playboy playing cards and real guns like the rest of us! :p

Running out on the street with a replica (but real looking) M16, that kid's lucky his neighbours didn't call a SWAT team down on his ass.

Although airsoft can be fun it it does often lead to somewhat irresponsible and reckless behavior among people who have not recieved proper training in the SAFE use of firearms.

Graham

The funny thing is that you think those dudes are from California. Hahahahahahahaha.......by the way I'm from California. The way the real Mentos commercials are shot I could see that happening (I'd probably grab my tonfas before I'd grab an Airsoft). LOL.

The funny thing is that you think those dudes are from California. Hahahahahahahaha.......by the way I'm from California. The way the real Mentos commercials are shot I could see that happening (I'd probably grab my tonfas before I'd grab an Airsoft). LOL.

why couldn't they be from cal?

is it because they are asian? there are tons of asians in so-cal. check out irvine sometime

Running out on the street with a replica (but real looking) M16, that kid's lucky his neighbours didn't call a SWAT team down on his ass.

Although airsoft can be fun it it does often lead to somewhat irresponsible and reckless behavior among people who have not recieved proper training in the SAFE use of firearms.

Graham

Let me tell you my airsoft tale of woe.... BTW - I should preface this by saying that I have probably received more firearms training than most people that are not in some specialized field like Special Forces, or SWAT etc. I have done both Military and Police work in my time.

I was stationed in Misawa, Japan for two years. It did not take me long to find the shop that sold the airsoft guns naturally. I had a really smashing replica of a Beretta SMG complete with the nylon BB's that load into fake brass rounds, that loaded into a real magazine etc. This was early airsoft, so you had to operate the bolt each time to cycle a round and fire it, but I liked it all the same.

I lived in a barracks room on the first floor at that time. And one day, I sat happily in my barracks room plinking empty mountain dew cans from my bed while watching the TV. I had the curtains open, and the window as well as it was a lovely spring day.

Apparently, some Air Force puke who had no idea what was, or how to use an actual firearm was walking by and quite unknown to me, saw me with the airsoft, and decided to call the SP. As I said, I was quite unaware of this fact until I heard a knock at my door. "Come in" I replied, and from outside the door, I heard the muffled command of "Step outside the door!". I opened the door, and peered out to see four Air Farce (and yes, I said Air Farce) SPO's with their weapons drawn, and backs flattened against the wall next to my door.

One of them asked if I had any weapons, to which I replied quite correctly "No." He asked if he could come in, I agreed, at which point they saw my coiled blued steel airsoft beauty, and informed me that they would have to confiscate it. I did not really object.

The funniest part is that I was summoned up to HQ the following week, the airsoft had been delivered to my First Sergeant for safe keeping. I didn't get in any trouble since up to that point there was no regulation concerning the possession of airsoft guns. He instructed me that I had to send the airsoft home, or discard it. I opted to send it home, and it was given back to me. Now, the funny part is that when it was given back to me, it was mysteriously missing about half of the nylon BB's that it came with. Given that the property receipt was dated by my HQ the day it was confiscated, I can only deduce that my First Sergeant, Battalion XO and Commander were quite enjoying my toy gun while they had it :rolleyes:

Sad part - I sent it to a friend of mine for safekeeping, and he managed to break it before I got home :( .