Custom VF-1S Triplets are complete!

Kurt

Hurin Posted on Apr 6 2004, 12:18 AM

Anasazi's are generally water-slide decals.

Takatoys are stickers. They are cut, and apply. No water necessary.

They both look great. But the water-slide do tend to lay down flatter and appear more "painted-on" if you know what you're doing and use modeling techniques to apply them.

I think Anasazi may also offer a "sticker" version of his water-slide decals. But, I'm not sure.

If you're going to be painting and detailing your valk, I'd recommend the Anasazi water slide ones.

If you're going to be just applying stickers to a stock valkyrie and want to leave it at that (no clear coat or protective layer), go with Takatoys stickers.

Both look great!

Neither are pre-cut. You have to cut them from the sheet individually.

Thanks for the info Hurin, now I have a clearer picture. :D

did anyone else hear a thud as my jaw dropped to the floor????

cant wait to see those FAST packs!!!

keep up the good work!!!

J.J.

Thanks everyone. The 013 on the Max was my fault. The original plan was to build this as a 1A, which 013 would have been fine for. However the plan changed to making the 1S version of Max. How I have to be honest and admit my lack of knowledge here. I have only seen DYRL once. So most of my Macross knowledge is based off the TV series. And since Max never flew the 1S on TV ( I don't think. I hope I'm not wrong about that also) I assumed his number stayed 013. If I would have paid closer attention to the Hasegawa 1S decal instructions, I would have picked up on this. At least the customer is happy, and that is my first priority. Thanks Gene!

Nice job. In the TV version, Max never flew a VF-1S. Oh that last statement, you made this for a customer? How much you charge?

Hurin Posted on Apr 6 2004, 12:18 AM

Anasazi's are generally water-slide decals.

Takatoys are stickers. They are cut, and apply. No water necessary.

They both look great. But the water-slide do tend to lay down flatter and appear more "painted-on" if you know what you're doing and use modeling techniques to apply them.

I think Anasazi may also offer a "sticker" version of his water-slide decals. But, I'm not sure.

If you're going to be painting and detailing your valk, I'd recommend the Anasazi water slide ones.

If you're going to be just applying stickers to a stock valkyrie and want to leave it at that (no clear coat or protective layer), go with Takatoys stickers.

Both look great!

Neither are pre-cut. You have to cut them from the sheet individually.

Thanks for the info Hurin, now I have a clearer picture. :D

Anasazi also offers stickers.