VB-6 Koenig Monster Box Art Contest

trueblueeyes

The one I have is the metallic green one: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/..._vfxperfect.htm

I'll get on the scanning this evening! I also have a 1st edition Macross Perfect Memory that i'm not afraid to get on the scanner. (not really Koenig related but hey)

There's a 1mb limit to the posted files. Should I just load this forum up with the scans? Or would that be too hard on the people with thin pipes? :D

Edited by MaxPower

Man I say go for it, post them here, that way anone who need more resources can come to the offical forum and find it.

:blink: GIF ORGY AHEAD

Koenig1-3 are sketches of the transformation process.

Koenig4-9 are cleaner illustrations of the various transformation states.

These images are upwards of 2500 pixels across. I tried to resize to the smallest filesize that didn't start to compromise the lines of the drawing. For anyone who would like the original PSD scans, just point me to a FTP to where I can upload all 41 megabytes. :)

MaxPower

post-5-1081405960_thumb.gif

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! The entries have been very impressive. Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix...

Of the two from VF22 Red I like the revised first box. I like the design and artwork used.

Of the two from Flying Pika I really liked the first box as the design was cleaner. It was kind of reminiscent of the 1/48 Low Vis box.

Now from a pratical standpoint. How much is it going to cost to print the boxes? My assumption was that it was cheaper to print in black and white and VERY simple designs. Isn't that why most garage kits use labels like that?

When does the contest end?

If after this weekend means we get to see your design, than I hope so as well. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

isamu thats pretty cool =)

iesh, i hope yamato is looking for ideas, ill happly trade my design for two or three of the final toys ^^

*hint hint yamato

Grahamson can you organize ^^?

Personally i always thought yamato boxes, altho classy, lacked effort or that special touch.

i should finish my box art, i only need to add colour, shadows and light, but after i saw what is the prize i lost some of my interest in it. i only know one robot from transformers, optimus prime, thats it. if i have time i will try to finish it, anyway all those box looks great. :)

I wonder if Yamato is looking at this to get ideas for their Koenig Monster's box.

Nah, doubt it. The Konig box art will be the same as their box art for all of the other Macross toys...plain and boring.

Melissa (who loves the Hasegawa box art and still yearns for the days of the Takatoku and Bandai Macross toys box art)

Isamu, the box looks cool!

Isamu,

That makes it even more impressive.

Here's one of my entries. I wanted to do something that was garish and in-your-face like the Russian constructivist posters of the cold war. I don't think I was particularly successful on that front but I like it overall. :D

post-5-1083337377_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaxPower

Here it is flat.. and HUGE. :p

Edit: Also.. the RDF logo. I made a simple desktop of it if anyone wants it. I was going to make a Zentradei one as well.

Edit: Edit: After leaving the computer to brush my teeth (didnt see how late it was!) I pondered a bit on the sides of the box. I'm really happy with the top, but I didn't pay as much attention to the sides of the box, and I think it shows. So.. I'm going to be updating those with a revised layout. Goodnight everybody!

post-5-1083337341_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaxPower

Here's my second entry.

Have you ever seen those places where they have pallets of merchandise in nondescript brown or white boxes, and have one of the boxes sitting on top, partially ripped open? I thought it would be cool to play off the spartan white cardboard box like that. So I drafted up an army handbook-esque design and put this cheesy x-acto cutout into it.

post-5-1083337287_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaxPower