VB-6 Koenig Monster Box Art Contest

trueblueeyes

Cool VF22Red!!! :o:DB)) Got a design for the back of the shirt? Btw, the colors for the 2C logo design are kinda too bright and it screams.

Edited by Angel's Fury

Here you go...

I was originally thinking about just having the logo, but it didn' seemed right.

post-5-1080247318_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF22Red

Sweetness, I was getting all sorts of distortion when I tried to blow up the little pics, those will work great.

I am gonna try to have the large black and white version on the back and the black and white logo (Bumpersticker version) you put up last on the chest.

I tried clipping out the Gerwalk monster across the Macross logo to use as a front chest pocket design but I am getting too much image distortion when I try to blow it up. The bumpersticker image will work well too.

Anyhow, If I get around to getting one made, How do you want to be credited?

Design by: VF22Red

Or you have another pen-name you would like on there?

Depending on what my buddy charges me to make the shirt I will try to have him make a second one to send to you for the cool design work. I'll send you a P.M. to get your info if I get off my butt and get it done :)

I tried the three sillouettes, and it was too cluttered. I am going to try a vertical design that features all three in the future.

I can however make two additional back pieces with a single sillouette of each mode, that way which ever is your favorite, you can have on the back.

If there is something specific you want to see let me know and I can see what I can do.

Matthias

Edited by VF22Red

I tried the three sillouettes, and it was too cluttered.  .
I thought so. Guess it was a silly idea.
I am going to try a vertical design that features all three in the future.
can't wait to see that!
I can however make two additional back pieces with a single sillouette of each mode, that way which ever is your favorite, you can have on the back.
Good idea. This could lead into a T-Shirt/Bumber Sticker line.
If there is something specific you want to see let me know and I can see what I can do.
Sure.

just want to know when is the dead line to post a preview a box art? i am doing one, nothing really dificult to be done (the main problem is my computer having to handle it at 600dpi, 6 minutes just to save so it will take some time to be done), it will have a draw of vb-6 in gerwalk mode in the same position of the one in the photo(actually it is identical). and it will be coloured.

I don't know of a deadline right now.

On a professional note, why are you working in such a high resolution?

Matthias

You did a good job, I am glad you entered your design. I'm looking foward to seing the finished design! :lol:

Damn FlyingPika,

You did a great job! I'm a sucker for green. ;) Plus the VB-6 is painted primarily green as well.

I really like the personally touches you add that make the design something inherently unique to MW.

"Ideals Plus Macross World = Endless Possibilities"

I especially like this one:

"The Dream Has Become A Reality."

For me, that really somes up the whole project, and it has a nice ring to it. :D

This contest is really turning out to be quite a "contest" after all, albeit a friendly one, which is the way it should be.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments, any suggestions dont hesitate ^^.

heheh this is a very friendly contest :)

I wasnt gonna do one tell i was encourged to do so, and i enjoyed it (except the searching for pix which took a long time ><).

I glad you all noticed the dream like, community project type theme :)

I redid alot of it, and here i think its pretty much done.

I added a baqground, which after this project is done, a shot of so many monster's is very possible ;)

Just imagine a whole fleet of them, could photo shop them together ^^.

Some of the txt is abit hard to see coz i downsized and lowered the quality, 600Kb is just insane!!!

If you dont like the art effect of the baq, i could undo it.

EDIT: fixed the typo

post-5-1080765298_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlyingPika

Everyone helped me out when I first put my designs in, why should I not in turn help anyone else? It's only the right thing to do.

You guys are good. 

By the way... I really like that phrase "By the fans... for the fans"  ;)

Carl

Carl,

Yeah, I really like your phrase as well, sums up this whole project very well! I'm sorry I missed commenting on it initially.

Did you receive the PM I sent you a week ago? I hope your move has gone well.

Nothing like a friendly competition, the best person will win based upon merits, not being cut throat, at least here at MW. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Is anyone else entering?

i was just looking tho the topic again abit, and VF22, both your designs are sweet, but i was just noticed, that the top and bottom flaps of your box fold the wrong way.

And if you show two diff sides on the battroid on each side of the box (the 1st design), instead of the same half, would it look good, or have u already tried that?

Or maybe its mirror image on the other side?

edit: gw typing

Edited by FlyingPika

I am not going to be selling t-shirts, just making a design you can download and get transfer paper and print yourself.

I never noticed the flaps were backwards, I'll fix that later tonight. I tried showing the other side of the destroid in my intial designs, they just weren't striking enough to show. I altered the destroids pose from the original art so that the head is facing the other way and the arm is positioned in a more defensive stance.

Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

Matthias

Alright guys, after much searching and a few let-downs, I think I've finally found my box. I managed to find a semi-local shipping supply warehouse that'll sell in small quantity (bundles of 25) to the public.

The one I'll probably be getting is 14 1/2" x 7 1/4" x 5". In terms of volume, it's about 20% larger than the original box. Which is a good thing, because all those parts just BARELY fit into that box.

It's got a flip-up lid with locking tabs, just like the VF-4's. That's the big feature I was holding out for. The alternative was to have a normal box, sealed with tape. And I really didn't want that.

Many thanks to everyone who's submitted designs so far. Keep em coming!

And BTW, my lack of individual compliments are solely the results of my feeble attempt to remain impartial here :D

I tried showing the other side of the destroid in my intial designs, they just weren't striking enough to show. I altered the destroids pose from the original art so that the head is facing the other way and the arm is positioned in a more defensive stance.

wow!!

i didnt know you put that much thought into it, i thought the battroid side looked paritucallary sweet but i didnt know why.

As far as the shirt goes, here in south africa i only eva come across t shirt printing places that have these like set design, that they iron on for you if you want that shirt.

I would like to buy a sticker tho, i thought of the perfect place, on my modelling toolbox ^^.

Oh, and im glad you found a box valkyrie, however, i think its only beneficial to edit our designs to match the specs once a depth is also given, and the winner is announced.

I am on holiday now for a week ^^, although i got lots of studying to catch up on, i was thinking of squeezing in another design ^_^

Pika,

I believe the schematic Valkyrie has given us for the box is as follows:

Top and Bottom of the box: 14 1/2" W x 7 1/4" H or vice versa depending to your design

Side 1 & 3: 7 1/4" W x 5" H or vice versa depending to your design

Side 2 & 4: 14 1/2" W x 5" H or vice versa depending to your design

I'm gonna re-design to match the specifications, so I should have something in the next few days.

I can make you a bumpersticker if you like, it won't be coated or anything but I can make it and send it to you if you like. I can do a t-shirt but it won't be anything special, just a transfer iron-oned to a tee.

PM me and I'll send you a bumpersticker and if you want I can see what I can do about a t-shirt.

Matthias

Don't bother re-sizeing or redesigning your designs, guys. Like I said earlier, I'm mainly looking for the design and layout I like best here.

When I pick a winner, I'll most likely ask that person to make a few changes. And among those changes will be making the images specific sizes.

thxns for the comment Myersjessee ^^

my bad, i didnt notice the deepth in there, not used to seeing so many " and ' and fraction things x_X

i pm'ed u about the sticker :)

o, i traced this out but i cant find anywhere good to put it, maybe some1 else can put it to go use.

the only place i could thing of was over the macross summer '84, but i like the hint of min mei on the box ^^

post-5-1081042511_thumb.jpg

well i found a place where it kinda fits, on the front side panel, do you prefer having the VB-6 logo or the macross symbol?

In away i like this cause like the macross symbol is on like every other panel.

EDIT: was looking about scrambled so i neated in up abit

post-5-1081097161_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlyingPika

Maxpower, That would be cool.

Is the contest still open? If so, I have a mockup in the works. Also, I have a copy f the VF-X2 Art Book and would be willing to scan some high-res scans of the VB-6 if that would help any others.

;)

MaxPower

Yes, please do. By the way, which book are you calling the VF-X2 Art book? Is it one of these two:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/..._vfxperfect.htm

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/...s_vfx2guide.htm

or is there another book out there I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

Carl