SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SDF1 LAUNCH PARTY

Some of us might be wondering if their is a local So Cal event,to celebrate as fans the Launch of the SDF1....You might be asking your self is there somewhere local?... :unsure: As a matter a fact yes....I love everything Macross, I know there is a big Macross/Robotech fan -Sort of "FEUD",but for those who want something local, there is a BIG "for fans,by fans" event in Norwalk,Ca. (Near Whittier/Downey area)

Its on Saturday the 28,from 10am-7pm. Full details on Robotechx.com , under SDF1 launch party.

MACROSS8511 B))

Some of us might be wondering if their is a local So Cal event,to celebrate as fans the Launch of the SDF1....You might be asking your self is there somewhere local?... :unsure: As a matter a fact yes....I love everything Macross, I know there is a big Macross/Robotech fan -Sort of "FEUD",but for those who want something local, there is a BIG "for fans,by fans" event in Norwalk,Ca. (Near Whittier/Downey area)

Its on Saturday the 28,from 10am-7pm. Full details on Robotechx.com , under SDF1 launch party.

MACROSS8511 B))

From San diego take the 5north.....

From los Angeles take the 5 south...

Need exact address?....Email me at MACROSS8511@YAHOO.COM

.....S D F 1....

• 3 weeks later...

You are all still welcome to join us this saturday the 28th. just register that you are coming, and we can email you the directions and address:

link:

http://www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=...itstart=10#2980

Hope to see some of you there :p

My wife and entourage will be there (j/k). We are going, and so are a few of our friends. Afterall, it is Macross integral. Definitely should be a good time. I don't know the logistics of all that will be going on, but our friend's band will be playing, and that will make it all the worthwhile time.

My wife and entourage will be there (j/k). We are going, and so are a few of our friends. Afterall, it is Macross integral. Definitely should be a good time. I don't know the logistics of all that will be going on, but our friend's band will be playing, and that will make it all the worthwhile time.

The more, the Merrier.....Im in the same boat, Im 95% Macross Fan,3% Robotech and 2% Akira fan.

Cant wait to meet and mingle amongst other fans.

B))

Well, we'll definitely have to meet up. I'll introduce you to our group. We're kinda the outsiders from the Robotech community, but always fans of Macross and Robotech. We'll have to hang and have some drinks over there. I'm a Macross fan who became a Robotech fan by default (from 84 on). Never left my Macross roots, and have just been more immersed w/ Macross with all the series and stuff that's put out. I'll be using this screenname, so look for me over there.

Well, we'll definitely have to meet up. I'll introduce you to our group. We're kinda the outsiders from the Robotech community, but always fans of Macross and Robotech. We'll have to hang and have some drinks over there. I'm a Macross fan who became a Robotech fan by default (from 84 on). Never left my Macross roots, and have just been more immersed w/ Macross with all the series and stuff that's put out. I'll be using this screenname, so look for me over there.

I most def. will, Im in san Diego, But just found out that its going to be held 1 block from where I grew up! talk about a SMALL WORLD! :wacko: I can drive,park my car at my folks and walk to there...lol

...Do you need the address or do you have it? B))

I just got the confirmation. I think some people are bringing some collectible stuff, so I may bring a 1/5 scale Minmay figure, and perhaps a couple other things. The collection stuff I have isn't really Robotech stuff, but more Macross related only. Perhaps I'll bring a couple other things for people to look at, like the new Yamato VF-1D toy. Ha, free marketing for Yamato.

For me, my fandom history was the opposite... discovered Robotech first (original 1985 TV airings), Macross after (bootleg DYRL all in Japanese on a crappy VHS recording when it first found it's way here in the U.S. - whoa Rick slapped Minmay but I didn't understand the Japanese dialogue to understand why!, then Macross II, Plus etc at AX cons).

Anywaaaaay... I'll be bringing a non-Robotech item: the Megahouse Yellow Belmont Variable Action figure. The 241 will be presenting it as a group to Michael Bradley. It's the first and only toy (so far) that features the original purple hair "Yellow" character that his Robotech namesake came from.

See you guys Saturday.

Edited by Valkyrie22

Anywaaaaay... I'll be bringing a non-Robotech item: the Megahouse Yellow Belmont Variable Action figure. The 241 will be presenting it as a group to Michael Bradley. It's the first and only toy (so far) that features the original purple hair "Yellow" character that his Robotech namesake came from.

Awesome. Cheryl and I would like to chip in for that as well. Ther remaining 241st needs to represent, since it's really just a handful of us left. I guess if I put up the $700 Minmay figure, I should bring a "do not touch" sign as well.

Exo, you should meet us out there. We'll be there around 1 or 2. The more Macross people, the merrier. I think the cover is like $20, but perhaps if you eat before hand and don't get the tee and all, you can go for free? I don't know, cause it's not my party, but the cover also covers the band, I think

yea... i have work until the afternoon and may have time to drop by....

I cant wait to meet you all,and introduce myself....I really want to get more involved with the Macross world,just like I do with the Robotech crowd...

For this Saturday,it kicks off around noon- B))

the address.

12322 Volunteer

Norwalk CA

The House is easy to find. If you turn off of Imperial on to Volunteer you will drive straight down to the Stop sign and your at the house. If you drive in off of Norwalk you turn down Everest aka the first street after Imperial. You will go straight down until the stop sign and you are there.

Link to Google Overhead.

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&...819&t=h&z=16

Jason... just to clarify, it's Michael doing his acoustic set, not his full band.

I pointed this out on the RT forum: for whatever reason, HG decided to make an announcement today on their homepage that the start time is 3pm.... outside of that blurb on the homepage, every notice has said 10am-10pm. Michael said he wanted to perform in afternoon- before it gets too chilly since they set the stage outside (for him and everyone watching) and didn't have to worry about lights. Now he's being told to perform at 5pm. <_< I hope it's not to wait on other people. We had not planned on staying late. Bring your coats I guess.

OK, that clears that up. And Valkyrie, I sent an email regarding that bit o' drama. Bee, you and Exo and whoever else should stop by. Bring the fiance, and we'll hang out. Call me later if you need directions and all that. I'll be there in the afternoon.

OK, this was definitely a good time. I'm glad I got to meet you, Macross8511. Now that you know the group (Razorx, Valkyrie22, Reflex Point, and all the other crazy cats), you and your lady will have to hang out with us more often when we have other parties. Most not so "geek fest" orientated. Bee and Exo, glad both of you showed up to the party, even if for a little bit. Yeah, and sorry I didn't bring the Minmay Doll. I just didn't feel comfortable bringing such a high priced valuable over there. With all the kids and stuff, I'm glad I didn't.

The highlight was definitely have Michael play his songs again. It's awesome to have him as a friend, and to hear those songs is a treat every time. I'm sure the footage will be on youtube shortly. I was even surprised by the coins handed out by paying the cover charge. Very nice touch. It really makes me long for MWcon 09 coming soon. That's gonna be a blast and a half. I've put the word out through the party about MCcon this year, so hopefully we'll get even more people coming than before. Good time. Thanks to all my friends and newly met ones for coming out.

OK, this was definitely a good time. I'm glad I got to meet you, Macross8511. Now that you know the group (Razorx, Valkyrie22, Reflex Point, and all the other crazy cats), you and your lady will have to hang out with us more often when we have other parties. Most not so "geek fest" orientated. Bee and Exo, glad both of you showed up to the party, even if for a little bit. Yeah, and sorry I didn't bring the Minmay Doll. I just didn't feel comfortable bringing such a high priced valuable over there. With all the kids and stuff, I'm glad I didn't.

The highlight was definitely have Michael play his songs again. It's awesome to have him as a friend, and to hear those songs is a treat every time. I'm sure the footage will be on youtube shortly. I was even surprised by the coins handed out by paying the cover charge. Very nice touch. It really makes me long for MWcon 09 coming soon. That's gonna be a blast and a half. I've put the word out through the party about MCcon this year, so hopefully we'll get even more people coming than before. Good time. Thanks to all my friends and newly met ones for coming out.

Great crowd, did alot of networking!! Cant wait to attend more gatherings and events! My girl is new to this, and she is HOOKED! I have to find a place to put the SDF1 that Michael Bradley signed for me.....lol

Great crowd, did alot of networking!! Cant wait to attend more gatherings and events! My girl is new to this, and she is HOOKED! I have to find a place to put the SDF1 that Michael Bradley signed for me.....lol

Yeah, you came out like a bandit on those raffles. The after dinner party at Denny's was fun as well. Being able to hand out with the regulars was a good time. Definitely can't wait for the next big shindig. :)

GOOD TIMES!

you know I always have a blast when im surounded by Macross/Robotech Fans!

we need to do these more often . :)

it was awesome to meet you MACROSS8511 and your G-Friend (Let me know if you guys are ever ready to Hit the Trackwith your Bikes :) )

The Dennys after party was Fun you guys and girls are Great!

some pics...

http://smilebox.com/play/4e7a6b324e7a417a4...3d0d0a&sb=1

Edited by Razor x

GOOD TIMES!

you know I always have a blast when im surounded by Macross/Robotech Fans!

we need to do these more often . :)

it was awesome to meet you MACROSS8511 and your G-Friend (Let me know if you guys are ever ready to Hit the Trackwith your Bikes :) )

The Dennys after party was Fun you guys and girls are Great!

some pics...

http://smilebox.com/play/4e7a6b324e7a417a4...3d0d0a&sb=1

Looks like it was a blast, there is one thing you can't get at a Japanese launch event and that is MEMO's carne asada. Man I'm hungry.

Looks like it was a blast, there is one thing you can't get at a Japanese launch event and that is MEMO's carne asada. Man I'm hungry.

geez i gotta get out from under my rock. sorry i missed out. and it was so local too. living near cerritos college. oh well maybe next time.