Status of the information pages on MW

I hope I don't come off as a whiner. I consider that MW information pages, the toys section is particular, are very useful reference of Macross fans. However the their status is not as good as they can be.

Toy section:

Missing all Toynami, Wave SDF-1, Kayado Revoltech, Popy 1/144, most Bandai reissues, Yamato 1/48 CF VF-1A, most 1/48 VF-1J, regular 1/48 GBP, 1/60 Max Q-Rau, and various recent gashapon toys of mecha and characters.

The 1/60 YF-21 link to the generic info page instead of Graham's review.

Info/Magazine section:

There was a Macross F page here that collected some early scans and information. It wasn't updated for a while and I can't find it from the main page today.

All new magazine scans are now only posted in the forum. It would be nice to see them get organized in the magazine section too.

Again I am not complaining. This is just a hobby and we all have many important things to do with limited free time. I would volunteer to edit the toy section if I don't need to manually edit HTML.

What we need is a general if you can help do a page or provide some missing art or pictures then send em in type thing.

I.E

If you can code a page using the current MW look and feel do so.

If you have the scan of the decal sheet we need send it in

That sort of thing.

I know we all have real life to get in the way but if we all pull together we can give Shawn and Graham a little F.O.C help after all they do provide this free to us out of their own pockets.

There are other categories that are also hopelessly outdated, like the Video section. I believe the main site is manually coded in HTML, making it a pain in the arse to update. And even after it's been updated, it will still look like crap due to the limitations of HTML. Combine that with the fact that no one is being paid to work here and you've got your explanation.

I wonder, as a newbie here, if they have never considered the possibility of installing a portal module (or CMS if you want the tech term)

There is a lot of things possible to do with those scripts and the compatibility with IPB is great, such as no double log-ins, polls in the main page etc.

I've been looking to implement a CMS for sometime now, but the ones I've found are Blog based (scroll down , then go to page 2, repeat), or e-commerce based (closer to what we need, but I do not want an "add to cart" option when browsing Imai model kits..)

If you have any suggestions as to a CMS for a reference site, please le tme know and I'll try it out. The fact the the entire site is hardcoded html really makes any sort of updates a real pain in the 1999 based arse.

Shawn

Well, the best place to look as you may know is invisionize, but for a CMS in specific my suggestion is to go directly to MKportal, is the best CMS around to me and have a great support forum and constant updates