Need Help on PC Engine game

Sam

Howdy, I just found the rom of this elusive japanese game and cant play it at all.

Its in the smaller file format .fcd, not the standard .pce thats usually used. Im trying to use the Emu Hugo and Magic Engine, but cant get it to work.

Has anyone ever had any success with this game? or at least got it running?

Thanks in advance...! :)

Ive now downloaded HUGO 2.00 and can get the intro screen now, but when trying to start the game it goes all stupid. .. least some progress.

so i guess no one has had any luck with this yet? if you have, I would like to know how ?

If I get it going, I will post it here..>! :)

*cough*

SMALLER?

It's a CD game. It should be MUCH larger than a .pce file.

It also shouldn't be anything that can be called a ROM, no matter how you abuse the term.

Mine came with a metric buttload of MP3s, for what it's worth.

Its in the smaller file format .fcd, not the standard .pce thats usually used. Im trying to use the Emu Hugo and Magic Engine, but cant get it to work.

IIRC, .fcd stands for "Fake CD." If this is what I think it is, then you have to convince the emulator that the .fcd file is being read as a full cd and not an individual file on your hd. Anyways, it's the game minus the redbook audio, so you'll lose 98% of the games music and voices.

Sorry if this info is wildy inaccurate, but I don't know much about .fcd's since I own the real CD-ROM's. ;)

I tried messing around with the roms too, but since Magic Engine (whatsup with charging for an emulator btw? Thats BS) doesn't support CDs in anything other than Mac OS 8 (well, in the Mac versions) I just broke down and bought ELS on CD for $20 of of eBay.

Yes it does.

I've played through 2036 using Magic Engine and Daemon Tools.

Ooh... PC Engine games... I wanna play!

I got emulators running for just about everything, but I gave up on PC Engine since all the good games were on CD, and I thought that I'd really need to the CD. Am I to assume then that there's someway to play the PC Engine Macross games with just a downloadable file and an emulator?

I tried messing around with the roms too, but since Magic Engine (whatsup with charging for an emulator btw? Thats BS) doesn't support CDs in anything other than Mac OS 8 (well, in the Mac versions) I just broke down and bought ELS on CD for $20 of of eBay.

Yes it does.

I've played through 2036 using Magic Engine and Daemon Tools.

No, it doesn't. Heres what it says in the Magic Engine FAQ:

"CD emulation was working fine with MacOS 8, but it stopped to work in MacOS 9 and X, we don't know why... we hope to be able to emulate CDs again when MagicEngine will be ported to MacOS X."

I got emulators running for just about everything, but I gave up on PC Engine since all the good games were on CD, and I thought that I'd really need to the CD. Am I to assume then that there's someway to play the PC Engine Macross games with just a downloadable file and an emulator?

A pile of downloadable files.

You need a CUE sheet, and depending on the distribution, either the disk image or the rips of the data track and assload of redbook tracks(likely distributed as moderate-to-low-quality MP3s).

the cue is absolutely vital due to the non-standard format of PCE CDs.

Track 1 is redbook, track TWO is data, and then everything else is redbook.

Some burners actually can't burn them.

Totally correct with the whole cuesheet thing. Got Castlevania x going that way. now it only plays off the CD i made of it. But cant do Macross, cuz all I had been able to find was fcd, no cue sheets, no mp3s, not nuttin, just single file bout 3mb

Might go in teh 'to hard file', me thinks..

tis more of a cool thing to muck round doing, but hitting to many deadends.... ugh. Its kinda fun trying to do a task like this, even if I never play it much*like all my other games... hehe*

thanks anyways, I appreciate teh replies ! :)

I got emulators running for just about everything, but I gave up on PC Engine since all the good games were on CD, and I thought that I'd really need to the CD.  Am I to assume then that there's someway to play the PC Engine Macross games with just a downloadable file and an emulator?

You need a CUE sheet, and depending on the distribution, either the disk image or the rips of the data track and assload of redbook tracks(likely distributed as moderate-to-low-quality MP3s).

CUE sheet, eh?

Any links where I can read up more on this?

I got emulators running for just about everything, but I gave up on PC Engine since all the good games were on CD, and I thought that I'd really need to the CD.  Am I to assume then that there's someway to play the PC Engine Macross games with just a downloadable file and an emulator?

CUE sheet, eh?

Any links where I can read up more on this?

A CUE sheet is basically a text file that tells the computer what the disk looks like. Track spacing and so on.

I have the Mac2036 CUE sheet, but it's burned off onto a CD somewhere(along with the rest of the game). I'd have to figure out where I stuck it.

Is there a decent PCEngine emu that's not Magic Engine? The idea of paying for an emulator doesn't sit well with me. I tried Hugo 2.10, and just a regular pce rom file to test it out... at first it's okay, just a little flickery... then all the sudden it jams up.

Is there a decent PCEngine emu that's not Magic Engine? The idea of paying for an emulator doesn't sit well with me. I tried Hugo 2.10, and just a regular pce rom file to test it out... at first it's okay, just a little flickery... then all the sudden it jams up.

If you don't want to pay, you can always find a cracked version.