What are the stars

Prons

Hello,

I'm definitely not a pro but I know that the star in a black box means "apply decal" and the other icon you mention means "remove." I'm pretty sure that second icon is a picture of a hobby knife, the kind with break away blades. They just mean there's a piece you may have to trim if you see that icon in a step.

Hope that helps...

Hello,

I'm definitely not a pro but I know that the star in a black box means "apply decal" and the other icon you mention means "remove." I'm pretty sure that second icon is a picture of a hobby knife, the kind with break away blades. They just mean there's a piece you may have to trim if you see that icon in a step.

Hope that helps...

Gabe, you are 100% correct in your definitions of those symbols

Yeah they are right, the first part is in Katakana. it says dekarru or decal. It's hard to read, but from what i can make out, it looks like "Please apply decal." I am still learning NiHonGo, so if I am wrong please don't get to angry with me. :)

The stars indicate decals that have to be applied at that step. For example, you have to apply the decal on top of the pilot's seat in step one, because you won't be able to do so after you put the canopy on, which you do in step two.

When applying decals do not run cold water on the entire sheet of decals. (Just explained this to my 7 year old son, so I thought I would share the wisdom! )

"My boys so bright, I call him son"

The stars indicate decals that have to be applied at that step.  For example, you have to apply the decal on top of the pilot's seat in step one, because you won't be able to do so after you put the canopy on, which you do in step two.

When applying decals do not run cold water on the entire sheet of decals. (Just explained this to my 7 year old son, so I thought I would share the wisdom! )

"My boys so bright, I call him son"

Man, you think that's bad, the other day, I accidentally knocked a glass of water over onto a decal sheet. Thankfully, it was only a cheap sheet from a kit I bought for kitbashing parts, but still, I won't make that mistake again.